• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My 2 cents to Trident and other ally devs

ccsoccer03

There are some people here who just want your work. And theres people here who appreciate your work. Its everywhere in life and definitely not just in the ally forum. It sucks. You just have to learn to do some bug squashing. Trident, your roms excemplify development on android and open source. As far as our phone goes, youre definitely my hero. Im sorry idiots make you feel unappreciated, but there is a part of this community thats just in awe of what youve done with whatt seems to be a piece of crap phone at first glance. I love my ally. I hated it to begin with. It really bums me youre leaving but i am only at the mercy to those that know the code. Im just now getting my computer information systems degree and im lost as to how you guys create such good roms. Ill miss you if no one else does

There are some people here who just want your work. And theres people here who appreciate your work. Its everywhere in life and definitely not just in the ally forum. It sucks. You just have to learn to do some bug squashing. Trident, your roms excemplify development on android and open source. As far as our phone goes, youre definitely my hero. Im sorry idiots make you feel unappreciated, but there is a part of this community thats just in awe of what youve done with whatt seems to be a piece of crap phone at first glance. I love my ally. I hated it to begin with. It really bums me youre leaving but i am only at the mercy to those that know the code. Im just now getting my computer information systems degree and im lost as to how you guys create such good roms. Ill miss you if no one else does

why is they leaving?
trident savoxis and getitnowmarketing are legends!

Here's my 2 cents, not releasing 1.1 because of the douchebag today serves no purpose. It doesn't serve the hard work you put into it by keeping it locked away. The guy did a dumb thing, but he also did it because he liked the rom. Sure, he released it before you guys wanted to, and that's unfortunate, but that doesn't detract from the product. I equate it to someone leaking a band's album before it hits the shelves. They love the band and the album so much they want others to hear it. Sure, it's not the way the band expected everyone to first get the album but all it does is lead to more people singing along to the new songs at the record release show.

Here's my 2 cents, not releasing 1.1 because of the douchebag today serves no purpose. It doesn't serve the hard work you put into it by keeping it locked away. .

I kinda agree here. Not that I just want to push you guys to release it for our own selfish reasons. My train of thought about this was moreso along the lines of "for every one impatient person out there who bugs you guys 24/7 about release dates, takes files from the server and leaks them early, there are a bunch of us who do wait patiently, who don't bug you for news, who reply to threads when you guys do post an update for us, who thank you up and down and donate when we're able to when something does get released...", so it's a shame to punish your entire user base because of the bad people. If we get punished for it, it almost implies that the responsibility is in our hands to fix the problem. What can we do? We can't stop these people from being that way. We can only behave ourselves, and be patient and thankful for what we do receive. I mean I didn't even know if 1.1 was ever going to get a full release, it wasn't until the ordeal that last few days that it was revealed that "well, we were going to release it, but now we won't". I knew there were a handful of people getting to test 1.1, and I wasn't sitting here going crazy hoping to get my hands on, I wasn't expecting it at all, but now hearing that it WAS going to come out and has since been tucked away because of this drama, well, that does kinda sting as a loyal supporter who never does try to hassle you guys.

Here's my 2 cents, not releasing 1.1 because of the douchebag today serves no purpose. It doesn't serve the hard work you put into it by keeping it locked away. The guy did a dumb thing, but he also did it because he liked the rom. Sure, he released it before you guys wanted to, and that's unfortunate, but that doesn't detract from the product. I equate it to someone leaking a band's album before it hits the shelves. They love the band and the album so much they want others to hear it. Sure, it's not the way the band expected everyone to first get the album but all it does is lead to more people singing along to the new songs at the record release show.

1.1 is still being worked on, the beta that was leaked is actually QUITE old, the server that was compromised had it in there so I could test OTA functionality with the script using a live file. We keep our other betas 'elsewhere'

We are not locking it away but events like this definatly don't do much to motivate us to get it done any sooner. As it stands it seems every day we find something new to include.

Also I should mention I am way more angry at the fact that a unfinished beta got leaked that is potentially full of bugs and will reflect poorly on us as a team. Its not like we had the update sitting there rearing to go and it got leaked. The file that was linked was an incomplete beta (from about a month or 2 ago I might add) that I was using to test ota functionality with.

1.1 is still being worked on, the beta that was leaked is actually QUITE old, the server that was compromised had it in there so I could test OTA functionality with the script using a live file. We keep our other betas 'elsewhere'

We are not locking it away but events like this definatly don't do much to motivate us to get it done any sooner. As it stands it seems every day we find something new to include.

Also I should mention I am way more angry at the fact that a unfinished beta got leaked that is potentially full of bugs and will reflect poorly on us as a team. Its not like we had the update sitting there rearing to go and it got leaked. The file that was linked was an incomplete beta (from about a month or 2 ago I might add) that I was using to test ota functionality with.

I can totally understand that point of view. What I was mainly talking about was trident saying in the leak thread "I was thinking about releasing what we have done on 1.1 so far, but now I don't know. People like (whoever) ruin it for everyone." It just seems like anytime someone's a douche he acts like not releasing it is a good idea and will punish that person, which just isn't true.

I greatly appreciate all the work Savoxis, Trident, and Getitnowmarketing have put into the fantastic velocity rom. I can't wait to see V1.1, but at the same time I respect time-tables and the development cycle, and would much rather wait for a stable, fine-tuned version than some buggy beta/alpha version. Thank you devs. I hope things like this don't happen in the future.

Back
Top Bottom