• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Battery Is Getting Extremely Overheated - Please Help!

Dankees

Android Enthusiast
Yesterday, I decided to take my battery out and later removed my SIM Card and battery.

Anyway, after replacing everything I have found my phone overheating a lot. What is going on?

I restarted a number of times as well.

Yesterday, my phone turned off while charging. I couldn't turn it on without removing the battery.

Then, later on, it shut off again and wouldn't go back on, except this time, the notification light was flashing. I couldn't turn on the phone, but the light was flashing. It was so odd.

And now, it takes longer to get a connection and my battery is overheating a lot.

Please help me.

When pulling the battery are you replacing it fairly soon afterward? If so, leave it out for about 5 mins then replace and see if its any better. Otherwise you could try to identify a rogue app, there's all sorts of apps out there to monitor the system. I like OS Monitor for this task. You might also try CPU Spy. It doesn't get as specific with what's running but it will show odd patterns of CPU usage or an inability of the phone to enter sleep.

I'd try to pin it down first, last option of course is a factory reset but you already know that I'm sure.

Well, I usually replace it quickly. I will do what you said.

Last night, I had 100% battery life. I put the phone in Airplane Mode, turned off WiFi, and 8 hours later, I was at 78% battery life. How can that be?

I have BetterBatteryStats and there is something running called, "khubd." What is that?

My battery is still dropping 1% every two minutes while in use.

Yesterday, I decided to take my battery out and later removed my SIM Card and battery.

why?

Well, I usually replace it quickly. I will do what you said.

Last night, I had 100% battery life. I put the phone in Airplane Mode, turned off WiFi, and 8 hours later, I was at 78% battery life. How can that be?

I have BetterBatteryStats and there is something running called, "khubd." What is that?

My battery is still dropping 1% every two minutes while in use.

i've never heard of that but it sounds like you have a rogue app. Have you googled "khubd" ?

My battery was getting hot and I wanted a nice reset for my battery.

I was also having a hard time connecting to the network and to WiFi.

Back
Top Bottom