• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My contacts go missing

Mohammad

Lurker
Apr 30, 2010
1.) Model Number ? HTC Magic
2.) Firmware Version ? 1.5
3.) Baseband Version ? 62.52S.20.18U_3.22.20.17
4.) Kernel Version ? 2.6.27-cb85e129
5.) Build Number ? 2.56.415.5 146733

Hello,
I am trying to sort out my new HTC Magic but ran into problems when I synced my contacts. I downloaded my contacts from gmail and was happy to see all of them on my mobile. Then I went to settings\data sync\turned off background data (to avoid being charged for data usage unknowingly). Next i went to contacts\settings\edit sync groups and turned off sync all contacts. The next thing I know is that all my contacts disappeared.

I repeated the process of syncing my contacts again, turned off background data but not 'sync all contacts'. My contacts were back. Is this an issue with my phone or does it generally work this way. Do I have to keep 'sync all contacts' or any group like 'My contacts' ticked all the time? Will I not get charged for data usage if I keep them ticked? I will be glad to get an answer from you all.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones