• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My Droid is PAINFULLY slow now, WTF?

FirebirdStud

Android Enthusiast
My Droid X now grinds to a hault and locks up during different uses. Sometimes its the social network app, sometimes its MyFitnessPro app, sometimes its my music player. The screen takes forever to unlock, the list goes on and on.
Recent app installs:
MailDroid
Dropbox
IRS2Go
PowerAMP

Recent Updates:
MailDroid
Dropbox
Golf Solitaire Free
Craigsnotification

Anyone had recent troubles with any of these?

Its driving me nuts! Ive been off the charger for 5 hours and with my extended battery Im at 20%! :(
It is telling me Android OS is using 77% of the battery, and it looks like apps use this to run under.

MailDroid is the biggest recent addition, and I got it because I was annoyed that when I deleted email from my hotmail account on the phone it wouldn't delete on the server. If MailDroid is doing this, Id much rather go back to the stock email service to regain quick resposes from the phone and battery logevity where it should be.

Please advise, because this is seriously pissing me off!!

Thanks!

Thank you!!
I actually already uninstalled MailDroid, and whaalaa the problem is gone. That app worked like crap on my phone from the time I installed it two days ago. It wouldn't connect with one of my accounts and kept giving me errors. So now it is gone and Im gonna install this app for future use!
Many Thanks!

Thank you!!
I actually already uninstalled MailDroid, and whaalaa the problem is gone. That app worked like crap on my phone from the time I installed it two days ago. It wouldn't connect with one of my accounts and kept giving me errors. So now it is gone and Im gonna install this app for future use!
Many Thanks!

I suspect that it was continuously trying to connect to the failing account. This would certainly cause terrible battery life and could also explain the slowness.

If the app was able to connect to the account properly, I doubt you would have seen all the issues.

FWIW, I've had problems with the stock mail messaging app and Hotmail password authentication for the last few months. Probably something wonky with their system.

yeah my hotmail in the stock app says athentication errors, but just click it and it fingers it out. dumb.
Now the stock mail app wont sent mail from my school email account. Such a PITA! lol

Back
Top Bottom