• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My estimate for Android 2.2 release

Here is my guess for the release of 2.2 for the Motorola Droid.

I think It will come out at the latest June 4th.

Think about it NFS Shift is going to come out June 4th. It's 48MB, Droid will definitally be the second phone to get 2.2 considering it's stock Android. Since Nexus One is just getting it that means when Need for Speed Shift comes out only two phones will have enough memory to save the game at without totally clogging your memory.

Nexus One and Droid Incredible(Because of 8GB onboard memory)

Company's are going to want to adopt this ASAP and considering Droid is Stock and was the 2nd device to get 2.1(Yes I know it's hard to believe after waiting two months that it was the 2nd and not the 23rd) Motorola would be stupid to wait.

I will also make a prediction: We'll see Droid commercials featuring NFS just like they featured layar. And this will be the payback for game devs (such as Gameloft): make a rocking android app and who cares about all the problems of the Market if it gets a spot on TV?

Note: there are lots of games for iphone but out of all games available for it, the only one I saw featured in their commercials was The Sims and some puzzle game that can run on a G1.

Upvote 0
I hope the mods get smart and start deleting all of these wild ass speculation threads that clutter up the forum before every upcoming update like cyber litter.
It's really f'ing annoying.

Dude, why didn't you make this post of yours a new thread!? The thread list is not nearly cluttered enough yet with posts about when 2.2 is (not) going to come out.

Upvote 0
I hope the mods get smart and start deleting all of these wild ass speculation threads that clutter up the forum before every upcoming update like cyber litter.
It's really f'ing annoying.

amen.. same with the endless Flash threads - though they are more and more becoming the same. UGH!

stand by, I am a few hours away from starting my "my estimate of when Jesus is going to return" thread, knowing how valuable "my" opinion is ;)

Upvote 0
Here is my guess for the release of 2.2 for the Motorola Droid.

I think It will come out at the latest June 4th.

Think about it NFS Shift is going to come out June 4th. It's 48MB, Droid will definitally be the second phone to get 2.2 considering it's stock Android. Since Nexus One is just getting it that means when Need for Speed Shift comes out only two phones will have enough memory to save the game at without totally clogging your memory.

A 48 MB Game will have nothing to do with it. Many apps are plenty large. Most large apps make the app (or in this case...game engine) a meg or 2 max. The rest of the data is then stored on the SD card...

Oh, and to make myself feel better about all of the 2.2/Flash threads, I am going to make a new post twice a week about a slingplayer client until it is released...Just wanted to warn you all :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones