• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My thoughts

Neymar

I think our cm10(unfinished) is based on another device which was simply not made by scratch . that's my thought. Which happens to be on a carrier named LG U+. I'm not no ROM professional or dev but our chance ( my opinion) is highly unlikable unless we actually build it from the source. Don't get me wrong but I love cyanogenmod and the motion. But that's just my thought. :confused:

I think our cm10(unfinished) is based on another device which was simply not made by scratch.

If I remember right, there's a post in the CM10 thread that states that that's exactly what it is. Actually, it's in the first post, and the OP even says some of the same things you are.

OK first off, I did not build this from source

I took the CM10 ROM made by 985hPaKicK and elamarkant
cm-10-20120901-JellyEidtion-HARD.zip and I made some changes to it

I think in the long run we will want to build from source and we should be able to use 985hPaKicK source code to accomplish this.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a CM10 built from source as well, but devs don't seem particularly interested in it for one reason or another, otherwise we might have something decent by now. :/

edit: again, if I'm right, the carrier is listed as "LG U+" due to the SIM card being read incorrectly or not at all because of the build being ported in the first place.

edit: again, if I'm right, the carrier is listed as "LG U+" due to the SIM card being read incorrectly or not at all because of the build being ported in the first place.

The carrier says LG U+ because 985hPaKicK hard coded it into the framework, he also modified the framework and SMS/MMS for the Korean Language

some, but not all changes can be seen here

https://github.com/985hPaKicK/Modified_d1lu

other changes have to be seen from a de-compiled framework

12570330.jpg

It is simply not so popular due to the locked bootloader. Between my moving and the locked bootloader I hadn't had much time or motivation to work on it anymore. Maybe moving up to s3 with my gf and donating her motion to a developer while selling mine.

Back
Top Bottom