• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

My Three Day Review

mlsa

Oct 8, 2011
Good Morning Everybody
I’ve had my Triumph for three days now so I thought I would give my first impressions of it.

First I have the 1010_2_038 software verison. SO FAR I’ve only had one problem and that was I could only get the phone to ring one time. It wouldn’t hang up or anything but would only ring once. I downloaded some different ringtones. They play for about 30 seconds so that solved my problem.

I’ve used the phone part several times and seems to work ok around my area of town. I live on the outskirts of Houston. I’m not sure how accurate the green bars are though. So far I’ve only managed to get two bars but everything seems to be working great and seems pretty fast to me. I need to leave this area to see how reception is once I get away from home.

I compared the internet part on WIFI against my Ipod Touch on WIFI and the Triumph was faster. I also compared the internet part (without WIFI) against my laptop and desktop which works off ATT Internet and the Triumph was just as fast. I’m one that doesn’t have to have the fastest as long as its dependable. I pulled up videos on You Tube and the Triumph was just as fast if not faster than my laptop and desktop.

I’ve downloaded several apps and they worked great. I loaded a couple of songs and they played great and the sound from the Triumph is so much louder than my Ipod Touch. I HAD to use earphones on the Touch to hear anything it was so quiet.

I know many have had problems with the GPS. I’ve tried mine out a couple of times and it works great. I have hooked up to satellites both times I’ve tried it within 30 seconds. I also have a Garmin I use in my truck and motorcycle and a Lowrance I use on my boat and neither loads as fast as the Triumph GPS. The voice guidance worked great. The accuracy was dead on.

The one thing I’ve been disappointed in was trying to find some of the same apps for the android that I have on my Ipod Touch. I know that’s not a Triumph problem and will continue to search till I find apps similar to what I’m used to

I know several folks have had their Triumph for a while before it started giving them problems so we’ll just have to wait and see on mine but for now I love it. It’s giving me everything I’ve asked for.

So here’s hoping I got a good one.

David

Thanks David for posting that u just got it. Me tooo! How did u hook it up to your laptop with the USB (did u try yet, did you have to download drivers or it went ok?)? and did u do it before you activated it yet? I really want to make sure it hooks up without troubles, since I heard a lot of bad startup troubles when it first came out.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Thanks David for posting that u just got it. Me tooo! How did u hook it up to your laptop with the USB (did u try yet, did you have to download drivers or it went ok?)? and did u do it before you activated it yet? I really want to make sure it hooks up without troubles, since I heard a lot of bad startup troubles when it first came out.

Thanks.

Sorry I just saw this. I had no problems hooking up to usb through a cable. I set up my Music and Picture folders on my Storage Card from my Laptop to the Triumph. I then just copied my music folder from laptop to triumph. Worked great.

So far really happy with Triumph.

David

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones