• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help My touch 4g help

okay so, my my touch 4g screen cracked and i decided to fix it myself. I found a youtube video that helped me take it apart and i replaced the digitizer screen. all was going smoothly until i tried putting it back together. The home,menu,back,and search buttons are all mashed down and wont work. Phone turns on and everything is fine but those darn buttons. any advice how to line up the buttons?

Welcome to the site! unfortunately, though I've never worked on this particular phone the answer is to take the phone apart again and find out where the buttons got moved. It sucks, I know. When replacing a broken screen on my old Moment, I received a couple of bad digitizers. I had to take the thing apart repeatedly to replace the malfunctioning digitizers and once or twice because I didn't reconnect a wire correctly. Good luck!

Reactions: cotyhuber00
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones