• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root My Triumph won't charge properly.

portezbie

Android Enthusiast
Aug 15, 2011
The last week or so my triumph hasn't been charging properly. I will plug it in and it will say it's charging but the percentage won't go up or it will say 100 percent and then drop down to 60 or something and then back up to 100. Also sometimes it stops charging altogether. I've tried using different chargers and even different batteries with no success.

any ideas? thanks.

The last week or so my triumph hasn't been charging properly. I will plug it in and it will say it's charging but the percentage won't go up or it will say 100 percent and then drop down to 60 or something and then back up to 100. Also sometimes it stops charging altogether. I've tried using different chargers and even different batteries with no success.

any ideas? thanks.

Have you tried clearing the battery stats in recovery?

Upvote 0
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to fully "fix" the problem; once the charging port goes bad, it usually stays that way. However, if you still want to use the phone, you can get an external charger and two extra batteries for about $20. You can just swap them in and out and charge the batteries with the external charger. I've been using this set up ever since my charging port went bad as well, and it has worked flawlessly.

Upvote 0
I've already tried clearing the stats but can't hurt to try again, sorry I forgot to mention it. I'll look into getting the external charger.

On my personal phone I ended up killing the battery when it showed about 80%. From there I put it on the charger and after a few seconds I booted it up and when it got back to 100% it was fine. Might not work for you but one can hope.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones