• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root N.o.v.a 3

How do we get Nova 3 to work on our phones? Nova 2 works on mine but says the new one won't.
My guess is that you need a modified build.prop. What ROM are you using? Maybe the MTDEV team can cook a fresh build.prop up after they get the critical issues sorted out with CyanogenMod. Also, I don't know if our phone meets the system requirements. That looks like quite a high-end game, there. Probably gonna be slow on our single-core phone with 512 MB RAM. If you can do without it (that is, we cannot find a build prop), game on the PC or play lighter games for Android. I seem to have had bad luck with Gameloft games saying our hacked device isn't compatible, which doesn't really surprise me. But there may be a fix. I just need to find out the system requirements. :D

Thanks for all the replies. I am using mtdev cm7 build 8-9-12. And yes I have thunderprop. My other gamelof games work fine I have and play Nova 2.

Thanks for all the replies. I am using mtdev cm7 build 8-9-12. And yes I have thunderprop. My other gamelof games work fine I have and play Nova 2.

Be careful with the thunderprop. It changes the build.prop and that's where we made a bunch of beneficial changes. When I get home I'll make a merge of the thunderprop and our mtdev fit the different versions.

Be careful with the thunderprop. It changes the build.prop and that's where we made a bunch of beneficial changes. When I get home I'll make a merge of the thunderprop and our mtdev fit the different versions.

i was curious about our build.prop myself, i know with thunderprop it can unlock lots of games and apps that our phone cant normally get but usually can easily run, but the fact that it changes what type of phone everything thinks we have has always bothered me

i know nothing about the build.prop, but was curious to if the mtdev team edited or are planning to edit it to where it still says we have a triumph, but the values would be changed to show apps/games that our phones can actually run, but never normally show up

i was curious about our build.prop myself, i know with thunderprop it can unlock lots of games and apps that our phone cant normally get but usually can easily run, but the fact that it changes what type of phone everything thinks we have has always bothered me

i know nothing about the build.prop, but was curious to if the mtdev team edited or are planning to edit it to where it still says we have a triumph, but the values would be changed to show apps/games that our phones can actually run, but never normally show up

Well, That's just it. In order for the play store to see us as a thunderbolt, we have to edit the identifications. Everything else can stay the same, just the IDs. I think I'll get some done tonight and I'll send them to g60 so he can add it to the first post if he wants. I just want to make sure that if the ROM is used, then it has the right files in it. My thunderprop merge will be experimental, mind you. It's amazing what the systems look for.

Well, That's just it. In order for the play store to see us as a thunderbolt, we have to edit the identifications. Everything else can stay the same, just the IDs. I think I'll get some done tonight and I'll send them to g60 so he can add it to the first post if he wants. I just want to make sure that if the ROM is used, then it has the right files in it. My thunderprop merge will be experimental, mind you. It's amazing what the systems look for.

I wonder if the easier route would be to contact Google and ask them to add our device in to seeing more games? Has anyone tried that, or is that g60 crazy talk?

I wonder if the easier route would be to contact Google and ask them to add our device in to seeing more games? Has anyone tried that, or is that g60 crazy talk?

I didnt even think that lol, would be alot easier if they gave assistance lol

And idk y it bothers me when it says I have a random phone that's not the phone I have lol, just pet peeve I suppose lol

Google's website said:
Only apps that are compatible with your device will show up when you search or browse on Google Play on your device.

Apps that are listed as not compatible with your device cannot be downloaded on Google Play. Some common reasons for incompatibility are:
  • Screen size/density
  • Android OS version
  • Country availability
  • Mobile carrier
  • Other hardware features (camera, graphics capabilities, etc.)
Developers are responsible for setting these compatibility requirements, so for more information or to request that an app become available for your device, we recommend contacting the developer directly.
So I guess we have it there. We could contact each app developer individually, or use something like thunderprop.:rolleyes:

I have it installed on my triumph. It even loaded up and I was able to start campaign mode. It seemed to play fine. I didn't have time to test it anymore than that. I'm on g60's final rom not the cm7.

I'm also on g60 style final rom. I can see N.O.V.A. 3 in the play store to purchase but I'm not gonna drop $7 on it to test if it works. I installed thunderprop when I was running the reloaded rom but didn't reinstall after I flashed to g60, so I don't know if it carried over after I factory reset, cleared caches and flashed a different rom.

I'm also on g60 style final rom. I can see N.O.V.A. 3 in the play store to purchase but I'm not gonna drop $7 on it to test if it works. I installed thunderprop when I was running the reloaded rom but didn't reinstall after I flashed to g60, so I don't know if it carried over after I factory reset, cleared caches and flashed a different rom.

Two things. One, be careful with the thunderprop mod. And two, you have something like 24 hours to decide you don't like an app and get you money back.

Back
Top Bottom