• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root nandroid backup question

deathneed

i need to rename two back ups ive made, because i made them on the same day

here is what im looking at
screenshot-1329786715744.png

do i just rename the folder or is there something else i need to do. and if so can i rename them what ever or do i have to follow some kind of guide line for my recovery image to be able to use them (dosnt seem likly but i just want to make sure)

I'd normally just try it but i cant risk losing these back ups, so im just being extra cautious :cool:

Make a backup of each one. Then try and rename and Install one of the backups. I don't think it will work because you have to generate an md5 sum somehow when you rename.

ROM Manager's rename option is broke right now, it will generate the proper md5 sum when it is working. Maybe on the next upgrade it will work.

Your going to have to figure out how to generate an md5 sum for them when renamed that is correct.

Sorry if you already know this but...

The backup includes the hour and minute, are you saying you have two made in the same exact hour/minute?

The dot's after the Day means the whole folder name is longer, there wont be any confusion when you go to restore it.

If you click on the List icon above, you can display them as a list, and you'll see the full name.

I realize that but if some time in the future I need to restore one of them I don't want to have to try and remember which is which

I realize that but if some time in the future I need to restore one of them I don't want to have to try and remember which is which

Open up your sdcard, go to clockworkmods, make a text file there. Write your note.

Probably much easier than trying to mess with regenerating a new md5 sum.

Also, if they are Nandroids of different ROMs (such as BACKside and Quattrimus) all you would have to remember at that point is which one you made first.
Usually what i would do is, have a BACKside nandroid created first, and then a Quattrimus nandroid, and then think of it as (B)ACKside is first, and (Q)uattrimus is next, due to what they start with, or even their Android software versions, 2.3.7 and 4.0.1.
But then again, thats just how i remember it.

Just rename the folder whatever you like. That's all you need.
md5 file:
af4ceaea03fb7e86159b4a9443f32932 boot.img
1b6cef1b415a4cc2c6b2f2587dbc0976 cache.img
b24bdea7e347c16337e74403f30f6d56 data.img
a8e8d9c8b596bd8b13eae37c5b9823a2 recovery.img
f0cde538aa54cd5f33609b9c915d3ddc sd-ext.img
ee13c80abf28dd3017e6b29103e7f610 system.img

Do you see any backup name in there?

How about making a copy of the back up in a folder with the descriptive name? Then if you need to restore, just move the copy back over from the folder....

Back
Top Bottom