• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Nandroids

RCope48

Another question...when you save a nandroid, it is saved in a "nandroid folder, and as many as you make are stored there, so, right after you make a nandroid, do you change the name of the nandroid folder itself, or do just keep opening the file until you get to BCDARS file and change it there, Im making nandroids regularly so I have a safety net, they are getting a little confusing though!:confused:

I personally haven't renamed my Nandroids.

You do not want to change the name of the Nandroid folder on your card just the file that is in there with the date and time of the most recent Nandroid.

I generally just drag my Nandroid of a Rom onto my PC and I create a folder that says what it is. You always know what the most recent one is by the date and time listed in the files title.

So just to help explain. SD Card> Nandroid Folder> Serial Number of phone> BDES120420111122.

The BDES would be a Nandroid backup with the 3 first checked boxes and the SD ext if it's partitioned. The numbers after are the date, Dec 4 2011 and then the time 11:22 am.

If you want to change the name of a Nandroid then you want to change the name of the one with the BDES file. Just don't use spaces or weird symbols in the name.

I hope that helps.

Naters

yeah do not change the name of the folder on your card. your recovery will not be able to find it if you do. like natertots said just change the name if you like. make sure that you do not use any weird symbols or have spaces in the name.

that is a good point rexpert. i only keep one or two nandroids on my card. i keep only my favorite rom nandroids on my computer and i keep my original nandroid backup when i first rooted in my dropbox account.

ok so i can delete them from my sd?? i have them saved on my laptop just wanted to know cuz i got like 4 nandroids on my sd

that is a good point rexpert. i only keep one or two nandroids on my card. i keep only my favorite rom nandroids on my computer and i keep my original nandroid backup when i first rooted in my dropbox account.
I've never messed with dropbox really. How much stuff can you put on there? I also think I remember that there is an app for android that works with dropbox too right? I need to start utilizing it.

I've never messed with dropbox really. How much stuff can you put on there? I also think I remember that there is an app for android that works with dropbox too right? I need to start utilizing it.

Dropbox is an awesome app! Download it to your pc and install. Make an account, username password bla bla bla.
Install the app to your phone log in. POW!! Instant file transfer from pc to phone without cords. ;)

Also it's easy to share files with others. Upload the file in the public folder and post up a link. Dropbox rocks!!

Dropbox is an awesome app! Download it to your pc and install. Make an account, username password bla bla bla.
Install the app to your phone log in. POW!! Instant file transfer from pc to phone without cords. ;)

Also it's easy to share files with others. Upload the file in the public folder and post up a link. Dropbox rocks!!

yep +1 to dropbox. it is a great place to keep your nandroid backups safe and sound. what is cool is that they give you 2g for the free service and then you can pay per month for anything more then that. it is just enough space to keep a few improtant nandroids on there.

if you want i could invite you, that way i can get more storage space for free:D

Granite already beat you to it and apparently I had already signed up and forgotten about it. Liking it a lot so far!

Back
Top Bottom