• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Navigate with Maps or Nav? Landscape or Portrait?

hookem

Android Enthusiast
Dec 21, 2009
TEXAS - Liberty Hill
As the title asks... just curious if y'all use Maps or Nav to navigate or if you use them at all.

I like using Nav just to show it off, but I prefer to navigate with Maps (when I need it) since I can see all the streets around me.

I also prefer portrait over lanscape on either Maps or Nav since I can see what is coming up better.

Anyway... just curious.

I prefer Nav because of the turn by turn. However, last night Nav tried to take me 11 miles out of the way getting to an apartment complex I had never been to. Once I got nearby, I could see it trying to turn me away from the complex to cross the Potomac River, over the Woodrow Wilson bridge, exit to a freeway, pull a U turn, drive back over the bridge, all so I could approach the complex on a one way street from the back side.

I just looked at it with Maps and found my own sensible route, which is when I use it over Nav.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones