• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help navigation 'searching for gps'

adam_hilluk

Well-Known Member
In navigation for ages now I can't get gps signal... so no navigation!

Tried installing and re installing updates to app act force closing maps and other stuff to no avail.

Read the recommended threads before posting this and searched Google, still no solution.

SO just wondering if anyone here has a solution please or the same issue?
 
May be captain obvious ... but has the "Use GPS satellites" been unchecked under Menu -> Settings -> Location ? If it's still checked, have you tried un-checking, re-booting and re-checking?
 
You could try downloading GPStest and see if it show's up and sateliets when you enable the GPS.

Sometimes it is slow to pickup satellites but GPStest should at least show you if the receiver is working.
 
I have a Samsung GalaxyS and Navigation worked flawless. After Froyo update I get this "searching for gps". Yes use gps satellites is on captain obvious. Maps knows right where I am as does any other app. I used to brag about how bad ass nav was but since Froyo it's hosed. If you don't have a REAL SOLUTION why would you bother to post on here other than to show what a smart ass you are. Bring a solution not obvious basic Indian tech support.:D
 
Are you trying it indoors?
I've found that maps works fast and easily even indoors, navigate seems to need a much better signal to work and inside my house often won't find a signal at all.
 
I am having the "searching for gps" problem as well. I cracked my screen recently and had it repaired. I can't recall when I used the navigator before I broke, but it would find the satellites within a couple minutes sometimes and other times in a few seconds.
 
I just had my Motorola Defy repaired. With it came an update to Android 2.2.2. Now Navigation is stuck on 'searching for GPS'. Very frustrated as this is one of the reasons I bought a new phone.
Has anyone got a solution ?
 
Have you tried using GPS test by Mike Lockwood? I found it once kicked my non-working gps lock into shape.
 
Have you tried using GPS test by Mike Lockwood? I found it once kicked my non-working gps lock into shape.
The latest updates of GPS test have brought explicit buttons for refreshing A-GPS data, so this may indeed help to quickly get a fix on your position.
 
Just thought I'd report in that on the third return of the phone the problem is now fixed. Apparently they had to realign the gps points (whatever that is). What is does mean is that there is nothing I could have done to fix it.
 
Back
Top Bottom