• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Need a firmware for MXV S805

milo23

Lurker
Hello,
i need a firmware for MXV android TV box, CPU Amlogic S805, Photos attached.
I currently have android 4.4.2, which latest can be uploaded to this device?

I want to use an app like sweet.tv. The minimum requirement for this app is android 5.0

Only the producers of a given tv box issue an update or are there boxes that enthusiasts on the internet remake?

I am asking because I read that the xiaomi software can be uploaded to the tv box with the s905 chip.

After starting the TV box, the word MBOX appears, should I provide something else?
Model number. It should be underneath or behind in the back.

I want to use an app like sweet.tv. The minimum requirement for this app is android 5.0

Only the producers of a given tv box issue an update or are there boxes that enthusiasts on the internet remake?

I am asking because I read that the xiaomi software can be uploaded to the tv box with the s905 chip.
There is no dev community for such a device, so you will not find anything custom (like custom roms or firmware) to upgrade your device to android 5.

There is no dev community for such a device, so you will not find anything custom (like custom roms or firmware) to upgrade your device to android 5.
But maybe we can figure something out @milo23, so get us that model number. Your TV box may be stuck on Android 4, but maybe we can figure out how get it to do what you want to do anyway.

Firmware are very device specific. Using a firmware from another device is asking fir trouble. At the very least you would need a firmware from the device. Whoever makes the box, I doubt you will find that kind of support.

Firmware are very device specific. Using a firmware from another device is asking fir trouble. At the very least you would need a firmware from the device. Whoever makes the box, I doubt you will find that kind of support.
Yes, I don't think we're going to get firmware updates for the TV box (beyond what the manufacturer's already given)! But maybe we don't have to. Maybe we don't need a firmware update to get sweet.tv, or something akin to it, onto that TV box.

If the app needs android 5 to work, then the os needs to be upgraded. And since you can't do that on this device, then you are going to have crack the app...... Basically that kind of stuff is frowned upon here.

The best thing to do is buy a new box that uses android 5 or higher.

What tv box do you recommend? MXQ? or maybe mecool? or maybe something else?

I'm still thinking about:
Chromecast
Xiaomi
Realme
or just the cheapest like this: https://allegro.pl/oferta/smart-box-tv-4k-android-10-wifi-bt-przystawka-tv-13005935715
or something similar.
A new TV box may well be the way to go. For one thing: It's unlikely that your Android 4 box is still getting security updates. But jf you do keep using your current one, you should probably use the Puffin Cloud Browser on it. It's the only browser I know of that still gets security updates on Android 4. You don't want a browser without security updates, on top of an operating system without security updates!

Back
Top Bottom