• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root need help updating google nexus 7 2013

I just rooted the thing and it wants to be updated I did the install and it said it failed.
I have 4.4.2 I think the update was 4.4.3
Can anyone help meeeeee

Welcome to our AndroidForums, grungegrunge (lotta 'g's in there ;) :p :)).

I've moved your thread over to the all-things-root area for the 2013 N7.

If you look in the /cache/recovery/last_log file, it should tell you why the OTA installation failed (there's undoubtedly one or more files that don't match what the OTA expects to find before it would try patching things).

Cheers!

IIRC there's a good chance the fact that you're rooted is exactly why the update won't install successfully.

I just rooted the thing and it wants to be updated I did the install and it said it failed.
I have 4.4.2 I think the update was 4.4.3
Can anyone help meeeeee

It fails because you don't have the stock recovery, it won't work with twrp. But you can sideload it. Or use a toolkit like wugfresh nrt. It will let you flash the latest android available for the nexus 7 (which is 4.4.4) without wiping any data. Here is a link http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Welcome to our AndroidForums, grungegrunge (lotta 'g's in there ;) :p :)).

I've moved your thread over to the all-things-root area for the 2013 N7.

If you look in the /cache/recovery/last_log file, it should tell you why the OTA installation failed (there's undoubtedly one or more files that don't match what the OTA expects to find before it would try patching things).

Cheers!

Hey I tried looking for this file and its not coming up what should I do to deroot it? And install it

Hey I tried looking for this file and its not coming up what should I do to deroot it? And install it

Are you sure you're rooted?

You should be able to see that file or similarly named files in the folder.

If you're not rooted, you won't have permission to view anything in the /cache filesystem.

Are you sure you're rooted?

You should be able to see that file or similarly named files in the folder.

If you're not rooted, you won't have permission to view anything in the /cache filesystem.

I was and I did a factory reset then I tried to update it. Now it seems I am partially rooted. Should I use my rooting programs to do a complete reset
What should I do?

I was and I did a factory reset then I tried to update it. Now it seems I am partially rooted. Should I use my rooting programs to do a complete reset
What should I do?

It depends on what you've done to your device...i.e., how you rooted and then what you changed after you were rooted.

What "rooting programs" are you referring to? (Wug's, MSkip's?)

As Madbat alluded to, if you installed a custom recovery, then it is indeed very likely the OTA will not install.

Back
Top Bottom