• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need help with my Razr MAXX

hello, i have a problem.. i got my phone *droid razr MAXX* from the concession line department.. and they sent me a charger and all.. but it takes to long this is my first droid... i had the iphone since the first one came out and that would always charge within a hour and some change.. idk why after 2 hours of charging my droid only got 40% of its full 100% charge.. could it be the charger or is there some thing wrong with the phone?

please if any one can help me that would be great
 
I am moving this to the RAZR MAXX forum, you should get more help there. Thanks for understanding.
 
Are you leaving the screen on while you charge? Also, are you using the stick charger?
 
It has a much bigger battery than your iphone did, so it's going to take longer to charge. On the plus side it the bigger battery will last longer.
 
This phone has a huge battery. Which will take longer to fill. Physics. Make sure you are using the charger that came with the phone as it will charge faster than a non stock one(not all charge cables are created equal) also make sure the phones screen is off as well as apps. This will make it charge a bit faster. Just charge it whilst sleeping. Problem solved.
 
This phone has a huge battery. Which will take longer to fill. Physics. Make sure you are using the charger that came with the phone as it will charge faster than a non stock one(not all charge cables are created equal) also make sure the phones screen is off as well as apps. This will make it charge a bit faster. Just charge it whilst sleeping. Problem solved.
Just got my Razr Maxx yesterday and used the provided charger to charge it overnight (now 100%) before I proceed with activation. Since the provided charger comes with a USB end, will it do harm if I use a different charger that works with my Droid Incredible or Kindle Fire. The ends match the phone and one of my charger plugs does use the USB adapter.
- Judy
 
I don't keep track of which charger goes to which phone. They all work. I usually use the cord for the HD dock, because its long enough I can use the phone while charging. Thunderbolt and Xperia Play chargers work just as well.
 
I realize this is an old thread but maybe someone will notice this & can help out. I agree w/many about being a higher capacity battery, therefore it should take longer to charge. All cables, as someone stated, are not created equally. W/same 5.0v 1A charger, some will not charge; some will charge slower; some faster; many will cause the device to do random operations (I've had more than 1 cause calls to be made!); & others will cycle charge. This is ridiculous! Besides never knowing what to expect a USB-microUSB cord to cause, 1 thing is for certain: charging will take forever! I've had numerous Motorola smartphones, from droidX to the bionic & the razr maxx. I can say that by far the maxx is the worst of them all. Not only does it take forever to charge but it doesn't last any longer than any of the other Motorola devices I've had. Some recommend charging while asleep. Ok, I do, but seldom am I asleep more than 4hrs & that has never completely charged it to 100%. When I am able to get a full charge it's completely gone w/in 3hrs. (Yes I'm on it much of the time but I was on the other devs as well & they would last 5-6hrs.) So what's up w/the maxx's? Are they just that poorly designed? This isn't my 1st either. I've tried 3 of them. Is there no way to get a charge on it in a reasonable amount of time?
 
Back
Top Bottom