• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help need help with wifi tether protocols

reble

Android Enthusiast
Sep 1, 2012
Kennewick Wa
I just got this ZTE warp 4g N9510. I just finished rooting the phone. I am having a problem with the protocols for the wifi tether prog http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/ . I can't get my laptop to see the ZTE wifi hotspot even when wifi encryption is completlly turned off and the phone is an open hotspot. My old phone a Kyocera Hydro had no problem running the wifi tether prog. The wifi hotspot on my Kyocera Hydro phone wasn't much faster then dialup. But as an aux backup isp when the primary broadband isp is down, it works in a pinch. I had some extra cash so I got a faster phone.

Steve

I just got this ZTE warp 4g N9510. I just finished rooting the phone. I am having a problem with the protocols for the wifi tether prog android-wifi-tether - Wireless Tether for Root Users - Google Project Hosting . I can't get my laptop to see the ZTE wifi hotspot even when wifi encryption is completlly turned off and the phone is an open hotspot. My old phone a Kyocera Hydro had no problem running the wifi tether prog. The wifi hotspot on my Kyocera Hydro phone wasn't much faster then dialup. But as an aux backup isp when the primary broadband isp is down, it works in a pinch. I had some extra cash so I got a faster phone.

Steve

I'm having the same problem with the App. Haven't figured out what's wrong yet. Junkie thinks it may be one of the phone settings that needs to be changed... I've tried a number of things so far and still haven't got it to work yet.

Upvote 0
Did Junkie say what phone settings need to be changed? And yes the SSID is named the same name as in the old phone. and the same protocols that worked in the Hydro phone won't work in the ZTE

I'm having the same problem with the App. Haven't figured out what's wrong yet. Junkie thinks it may be one of the phone settings that needs to be changed... I've tried a number of things so far and still h.aven't got it to work yet.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones