• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Need step by step for wipe and reset please

Can someone walk me through doing a factory reset, starting with what I need to backup, etc.

My phone just is killing me with all its buggy issues these days, and I think this is my only option now. Seeing as for some unknown reason my upgrade date for VZW mysteriously switched from 9/13 to 1/14 (????).

mistyinca, I'm sorry you didn't receive the information you were wanting in your time frame.
If you are still wanting to factory reset... here is a list of things I recommend doing first.
Make certain your contacts are backed up. If your texts are precious to you, you will want to back them up as well. There isn't a phone setting for this but I understand there are apps at the play store designed to do this for you. I don't care about my texts so they were purged with my reset. If you have any saved attachments or mail you want to keep you will want to back them up or see that they are stored on your SD card. If you have been saving your photos to the phone's storage, you will want to back them up to your pc or move them to your SD card. I like to make a list of all of my downloaded apps so I'm certain I get them from the play store again. (Your paid for apps will be free for download) If you have an pop mail accounts you might make certain you have the settings written down for ease of setting them up again. That also pertains to any accounts that you have passwords for. Make certain you make detailed notes of all things you have stored on your phone for ease of setting them up again. Things such as any secured wifi credentials and bluetooth settings should also be noted.

When you are ready to do your factory reset I would first remove the SD card. The reset should not touch your card in any fashion but it's just a precaution. Make certain you are fully charged up and ready to reset. You will find the option to reset under storage in settings or you can follow the instructions here.
Good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones