• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [NEEDED!!!] Recovery Image for ZV8 or ZV9

Dracconus

Android Enthusiast
May 3, 2012
As the title states I'm in desperate need for a Stock ZV8, or ZV9 recovery image! Mine got deleted when my SD Card went blitz on me, and there are several other users that are in need of this file too!
Please if ANYONE has any version of these two, whether debloated, or rooted is irrelevant, I DESPERATELY need a copy of this.
Thanks in advance,
Dracconus

Recovery Image as in the folder that is created when you do a recovery backup in Clockwork Mod.
I need the full recovery, not just a zip, as the zip's are taken as "updates" and the recovery will work off of any version.

In other words, I can go into recovery mode, and select a ZV8, or ZV9 installation with stock ROM, whereas I cannot install from ZIP into a ZV8, or ZV( from ZVA Broken Out 1.0

This is why a full recovery is necessary.

Upvote 0
guys it shouldnt take more than 10 minutes.

steps 1-4 are all done in cwm u dont even have to restart.

1) backup using cwm NOT rom manager it doesnt work at times and u wont know
* if u dont have cwm install it using rom manager its better and faster u must be rooted

2) factory reset/ wipe all data using cwm as well as cache and dalvik cache

3) write down the name of ur first backup and create a backup of the new factory reset.
* u find ur backup names if u click on restore

4) restore your initial backup. make sure u distinguish between first and second backups.

5) put it all in a compressed zip file for easy uploading. do this from ur computer its on the sdcard/clockworkmod make sure u know which one is the factory reset version. (u wrote down the one that isnt)

6) upload using dropbox or 4shared both have free accounts and post the link :)

alot of people need this guys please help.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I have the rom manager touch version, but it happened when i went into the settings and tried to do a factory reset from privacy menu in the stock rom. It restarted, the "do you want to do a factory reset" screen appeared (like when u hit vol- and power) so i hit power twice it went into cwm recovery and persisted to loop when i tried to restart.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones