• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [NEEDED!!!] Recovery Image for ZV8 or ZV9

Thanks, the reason I wanted these is because I'm going to work on adding a custom kernel to the stock rom, sort of similar to the Stock ++ ROMs that are available for the Samsung Admire.
This will allow us to operate a more secure, stable ROM with no issues, and base it of of a different Kernel.
Hopefully all will go well :D
Not sure when and/or if I can get this going, I'm doing it more as an experiment, and learning purpose than anything, so don't get your hopes up.

no its a known fact that the nandroid does not include the partition that will allow the updater tool to see your stuff at an earlier firmware

Keeps you from making backups of backups within a backup :P Gotta love data storage waste prevention techniques xD

Keeps you from making backups of backups within a backup :P Gotta love data storage waste prevention techniques xD

i doubt its a sw version problem. my first connect was on zva and i could recover anytime through dl mode. this connect after broken out just wont do it no matter what i try and i never even updated it to zva it was in zv8 from the first day and i only flashed nandroids and roms

i doubt its a sw version problem. my first connect was on zva and i could recover anytime through dl mode. this connect after broken out just wont do it no matter what i try and i never even updated it to zva it was in zv8 from the first day and i only flashed nandroids and roms

Broken out is ZVA but it's not LG's ZVA. That's the reason you can't use the updater with it. If you were to do a cwm recovery from broken out to zv8 you should be able to then use the LG Updater to get back to the original ZVA.
Hint word there is SHOULD. It could have something to do with kernel detection, and that may be part of the issue too.
As for obtaining the stock kernel, I believe that CWM Delooper contains it. ( I may be mistaken in saying that.)

i have zva broken out rom and trying to go back to zv9 but somehow its still zva. am I doing something wrong?

Read the post above the question you just asked, and you'll see your answer as to what is happening.

So does anyone know how to fix this? Do u mean to recover to zv9 then update to zva then reflash it back to zv9. I'm confused and how can that happen when I flash to zv9, its still says zva

So does anyone know how to fix this? Do u mean to recover to zv9 then update to zva then reflash it back to zv9. I'm confused and how can that happen when I flash to zv9, its still says zva

If you have updated before at ALL on that phone then it will read as the version that it updated it to no matter what you flash onto the phone.

I explain it in further detail and why, and how here:

http://androidforums.com/connect-4g...ted-stripped-roms-stock-apps.html#post4488231

If you have never used the updater, then just flash the version you want to use from the main post in that thread using Rom Manager, and CWM's recovery mode.

Once you're done doing that then connect to pc as usual.
*IMPORTANT* Restore is the ONLY way to go from ZVA to ZV8, or 9. You can't install from zip because it knows they're not updates.
Added to that, it's a safer way, and allows further customization than a zip would xD

If you have updated before at ALL on that phone then it will read as the version that it updated it to no matter what you flash onto the phone.

I explain it in further detail and why, and how here:

http://androidforums.com/connect-4g...ted-stripped-roms-stock-apps.html#post4488231

If you have never used the updater, then just flash the version you want to use from the main post in that thread using Rom Manager, and CWM's recovery mode.

Once you're done doing that then connect to pc as usual.
*IMPORTANT* Restore is the ONLY way to go from ZVA to ZV8, or 9. You can't install from zip because it knows they're not updates.
Added to that, it's a safer way, and allows further customization than a zip would xD

So what does this mean? Am I stuck with ZVA? Can I not go back to zv8 or zv9? I did update before to zva.

So what does this mean? Am I stuck with ZVA? Can I not go back to zv8 or zv9? I did update before to zva.

Nope, you're not stuck at all.
The purpose of my thread is to keep people from being stuck. We now have the option to use zv8, zv9, or zva rooted, unrooted, debloated, or stripped, and LG can't do a fkn thing about it.

They may have tried to block us off with their updater, but thanks to ROM Manager, and CWM (and a little of my well known logic) we've gotten past their shitty wannabe restriction.
This isn't the first time that LG tried to screw its customers and I found a way around it.
http://www.tru-tech.hostei.com/pam
That was a webpage I did years back in 2009 teling sprint users how to enable phone as modem on the LG Rumor 2 since both sprint, and LG said that the phone was incapable when the Rumor 1 had the function. Not only did I prove LG, and sprint wrong, I was the entire reason that sprint removed PAM support altogether, since I found a way to use it without them being able to charge you, and outed the information to the public on that webpage xD

All you have to do in order to use zv8, or zv9 (or zva again should you choose you like it best) is go to the thread I linked you, follow the steps, and have fun :D

Oh, and I'm not sure if it says so in the thread, but you DO need CWM with the latest version flashed, and also root, and rom manager (free version works just fine)

The roms listed in the thread have those tools in them (minus the unrooted ones that are to come within the next few days) but you'll need them initially to USE the ones in the thread :D

GL, and if you have anymore questions/concerns, feel free to ask.