• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Netflix app available with 1.4.1

FyrFytr998

Newbie
No sure if anyone noticed, but Netflix is now available for the Nook Color with the current update. No Hulu Plus though.

Interesting. Wish I liked Netflix enough to try it again.
 
Out of curiosity. Has anyone tried streaming on the NC yet? I notice that some sites playback can be really choppy. Was wondering if the NC packed enough punch to stream vids smoothly.
 
Out of curiosity. Has anyone tried streaming on the NC yet? I notice that some sites playback can be really choppy. Was wondering if the NC packed enough punch to stream vids smoothly.
I tried it on 1.4.1 stock last night. Playback using Netflix, HBO and Max Go was adequate. Not exceptional -- everything's a bit pixelated -- but no different than I see running CM.

Same experience as others with Hulu Plus. Doesn't like the device.

I really wish I could get Blockbuster working on it so I could watch movies on the plane!
 
I tried it on 1.4.1 stock last night. Playback using Netflix, HBO and Max Go was adequate. Not exceptional -- everything's a bit pixelated -- but no different than I see running CM.

Same experience as others with Hulu Plus. Doesn't like the device.

I really wish I could get Blockbuster working on it so I could watch movies on the plane!

I figured as much with the pixelation. I wonder if and when they find a SD bootable version for the Tab if it will still be the same with the beefier specs.
 
i watch netflix on mine all the time, even on poor wireless at work, its pixelated for say the first 5 minutes, not really bad but watchable, then gets better, granted its not HD quality, but its good enough in my opinion
 
Just to clarify: I see a bit of pixelation, but Netflix on a rooted NC running 1.4.1 is very watchable. The pixelation is minor, and not always present. This thing will never look as good as a 55 inch TV with a Blueray player, but it's great when nothing better is available.
 
Back
Top Bottom