• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android user. People's top 3 apps?

Hi everyone,

I just got a Galaxy S3 and was wondering what apps I should get :)

Would like to know what people think are the top 3 apps?

Thanks,

Grant

for me Tasker, Astrid todo go launcher is a must
TASKER
with this combined with an app called secure settings i can do the following things
1 when i am at home my screen is turned on by a swipe, at work i have to use pattern unlock to unlock the phone, in my car its just a swipe to use the phone.
2 when i enter my car the phone goes into car mode different ringtone etc, when i exit the car i end up with a time stamp telling me what time i left, it also remembers where my car is parked this is for parking meters and to relocate my car later on by pushing a simple button
3 when i get home tasker turns off my data, changes my ringtone and turns off the bluetooth
4 when at work my ringtone is the start to "seether remedy" as its a noisy place
ASTRID
this is probably the best to do out there, it has also a web based unit and syncy with your google account, you can include others in your todo via email and it works in with tasker as an example if i am at work astrid knows this via tasker and will remind me i need to take my tools home, or if i go to the supermarket it reminds me to get beer!!
3 GO LAUNCHER
this is a better launcher which also comes with a very cool new wallpaper skin
if you want to know how to to this just ask

1. Sugarsync/Dropbox
2. Go SMS Pro (way better than stock SMS app)
3. Nova/Apex Launcher. Both have free versions with paid versions with more features. Both are more fluid and smooth than Go Launcher as well.

ES File Explorer
Dropbox and/or Google Drive
gReader Pro
Dolphin browser
Tapatalk

Use every one of those apps multiple times a day. Think I would be lost with ES. I have it both my wife and I's S3's plus all 4 of our Kindle Fire's.

Chrome

- Just the best because I have all my book marks and websites synced.
- It is also quick

Pocket
- I love this app because I can just save any video, picture or website that I find interesting in any way. I have it installed on my tablet, phone and as a Chrome extension on my laptop.

Google Drive
- I found this to be very useful, especially that I go to school. Everything can be saved here and just easily shared.

Titanium backup
Boat browser
Solid explorer
Tasker
QuickPic
Google drive
Shazam or Soundhound
MX player
PowerAmp

Zeam launcher with Beautiful Widgets, Simple Calendar widget and Make Your Own Clock widget. Otherwise I'd have no home screen!

Google Voice

NewsRob

Tapatalk and Twitter

Chrome

PowerAmp and Pandora

Non-root:
TapaTalk 2
Go Launcher Ex
Baseball Superstars 2012

Root:
Titanium Backup Pro
4Ext Recovery Control
Rom Toolbox Pro

Honorable Mentions :D:
App2SD
Tune-In Radio Pro
DropBox
Player Pro

Opera mobile
KeePassDroid
Weatherzone (? Australian)
Websharing
Memo

Games:
Dooors
Category Quiz
Logo Quiz
Becoming addicted to CityIsland over last few days (can play it with no spending of real dollars)

Back
Top Bottom