• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Atrix a few issues and questions?

Kuhns787

Android Enthusiast
I just purchased a Moto Atrix and have had it since Monday. First I will say I am not new to Android as I have an Inspire. I am having some anoying issues. The phone will read the memory card but when I plug it into my laptop it make a loud ringing noise and does the same thing when I power the phone off. How do I get rid of this? Also I have installed Ringo Pro and use it for my ringtones for Texts and Calls for my contacts. I have turned the notifications to silent everywhere else but for some reason it is constantly changing the ringtones for different people. I have formated the memory card a couple of times and tried different ones. I am not sure if these two issues are related or not. But any help would be appriciated. I am getting really frusterated and am about to go back to the Inspire full time.
 
I'm pretty sure the sound comes from the internal and external memory mounting/dismounting on shutdown/startup/connecting to your computer. If you don't want to hear it, I think it's either the ringer volume or media volume that dictates it.
 
As fr the ringtones changing... if you ahve them on the SD cards, that's why.

When you change the card, or format it, the files get re-indexed. Remember, Android is Linux. It's not looking at the file name, but the index key. When the card got formatted, or changed, it changed the index key for the file.

Move the ringtone files to the phones internal media storage and off the SD card.
 
Back
Top Bottom