• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help new battery won't charge

jpfan

Lurker
I ordered a new battery (aftermarket) for the optimus v, checked the reviews for the particular battery and saw only good remarks. So I popped it in, (came with 75% charge) and it doesn't register any of my wall or car chargers. next I will try computer, but charging on the pc is slow and when the pc sleeps it doesnt charge. should i just root it, and then use a battery calibrator?
 
Update: just started charging in the wall, but still won't car charge. I think the car charger is suspect also. I'll keep the new battery in since the wall is where I usually charge anyway, and keep the old oem battery in the glove compartment.
 
It actually just decided to start charging from wall power and It continues to do fine with that. I still havent diagnosed the car charger issue, and I do suspect the battery more than the car charger, but will update as soon as I find out which one is not charging. If anyone knows about aftermarket batteries let me know.
Next I will try a power saver app because sometimes they help improve power management. If anyone knows anything about aftermarket batteries please comment.
 
many of the aftermarket batteries do not have the temperature sensing circuit in them. you can tell if the battery temp never changes while being used. real oem from LG are almost as cheap as the non-oem. FWIW. good luck.
 
I have 2 aftermarket batteries and 1 wall charger from HK_Plaza on eBay. They both have worked great. ^_^ you can find a huuuge post on this forums somewhere about batteries.
 
Back
Top Bottom