• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Captivate owner

hotrod4x5

May 16, 2011
Ok, so the little robot told me to say hi, so here, hi.

I'm switching from Verizon (after 15 years at least) to AT&T mainly because they offer slightly more for the price. Verizon doesn't offer unlimited texting (it's 5000) or unlimited M2M minutes (or rollover), or a $15 data plan, so buh bye Verizon.

I actually ordered my Captivate off the AT&T site, got the refurbished phone for $9.99, it arrives today. Well, dummy me, I didn't go to Costco FIRST, and so I will be returning the refurb in favor of a NEW one for $19.99 at Costco.

I know this is last year's phone, but hey, I am on a budget, I can't afford $100 or more for a phone, and even though Costco has the HTC Inspire for $49.99, I still like saving that $30 and besides I heard the HTC has horrible battery life. (now I know there will be a thousand people probably tell me the same thing about the Captivate)

Anyway, so that's my hello. My name is Rod and I'm from California. :D

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones