• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New CWM Recoveries

b_randon14

Android Expert
Anyone building cm9 or cm10 wanna build a version if that recovery. I believe it's cwm 6.x!

I would but I never could get to build cm9 because it didn't like my open jdk Java 6 instead of the actual oracle jdk. I'm on Linux mint 13 and haven't been able to get Java on mine other than the open jdk.

If someone can help me getting it to build from cm10 or cm9 sources I will build us a updated recovery that looks sweet! I believe I may be able to edit the script that checks for Java tools to not throw an error if it picks up open jdk Java!

Have you seen this yet? How to Build Your Own ClockworkMod Recovery 6 For Your Device

I want to learn how to build a custom recovery, but found that link while I was searching, the Triumph is already in the drop down list so somebody has used it before. What do we need to build the recovery ourselves? I am pretty sure I have everything I need, just need to do some more searching, to get the process down. Good luck!

Have you seen this yet? How to Build Your Own ClockworkMod Recovery 6 For Your Device

I want to learn how to build a custom recovery, but found that link while I was searching, the Triumph is already in the drop down list so somebody has used it before. What do we need to build the recovery ourselves? I am pretty sure I have everything I need, just need to do some more searching, to get the process down. Good luck!

Have you looked at the old commits from Isaac? I've seen a bunch of worth in his device files for CWR.

I'm on my phone, but you can get to it from tickerguy's
Github.com/tickerguy

does seem that the phone is up on here, however it doesn't build from the one on their drop down menu, it will just come up failed build, it might work if you upload the image file but the preset one doesn't work

The recovery should get built while building cm9/cm10 source and the recovery.img will be in the out folder where the rom zip is at. My problem is I can't get my Linux mint install to build anything above cm7!

But if someone wants to take a recovery.img from any of our cwm zips, the recovery.fstab that is located in our triumph device repo, and the graphics.c file from our device repo in the recovery/miniui folder and upload it and see if it will build. I would try but I'm on my phone!

Ill spend some time on this tonight I have CM9 building right now and should have it completed in 30 minutes. I will check out the rest of the build stuff. One thing I want to do is edit the CWM so it doesn't list the sdext as we don't have that. Also the full wipe would be nice to be edited to delete cache, data, system & dalvik as a one time shot. Then you could just load the ROM with no extra steps.

Back
Top Bottom