• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Droid: which rom should i chose?

As an example, one of my favorite customizations in UD2.5 is the deskclock screensaver. When the deskclock timed out it used to go to a bright white time... blinding in my dark bedroom. With UD, not only can I change that time's color, I can also control its intensity. SO I can have a nice, dim teal green time staring at me all night. With CyanogenMod, you get a nice BRIGHT teal green time all night (at least that was the case when I last used it).

There are so many customizations in UD I can't list them all, but that's one example of why UD wins the day for me. I find the options indispensable, not useless. :)

I guess it just depends on how you use your Droid... UD's options may be "overkill" for some people. That's the beauty of the dev community: no ROM is one-size-fits-all and everyone has a favorite that works best for THEM.

UD's features are useless, in my opinion.

To each his own, I guess. I love the customization options that UD offers. I think it might be my favorite thing about the ROM. I get to run a great ROM but add a few tweaks to it to make it look and feel exactly the way I prefer.

Back
Top Bottom