• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New droid x in the mail. Used to physical keyboard

Definitely give Swype a try. It takes some getting used to things like blocking some letters with your finger as you swype across the screen and not being able to see them, but once you get the hang of it you'll never go back. Also, highly recommend taking the tutorial they give you if you've never used it. It is one of the rare times that a tutorial is helpful.

Reactions: ccsoccer03
Upvote 0
I came from a physical keyboard and thought Id miss it. I didnt skip a beat making the change. In landscape the kb is awesome.

Agreed... I thought loosing the keyboard would be hard but after just a few days, I can't imagine going back to a hardware keyboard. I personally don't use swipe and have used Smart Keyboard Pro for the last year. The endless choices is just one of the many things you will come to like about the software keyboard...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones