• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New here

If you flash most of the sense rom's from evo 3D @xda, you will lose, mms, 4G and 3D Cam, some of AOKP have 4G working, but not 3D cam or mms, just a heads up.

edit: some sense base roms @xda have mms working with a patch made by users from here, not sure how many roms have a mms patch available.

If you flash most of the sense rom's from evo 3D @xda, you will lose, mms, 4G and 3D Cam, some of AOKP have 4G working, but not 3D cam or mms, just a heads up.

edit: some sense base roms @xda have mms working with a patch made by users from here, not sure how many roms have a mms patch available.

Basically you will just not be able to use mms on the evo 3d roms even with every thing working.

Harmonia seems very nice, but is there a stock ROM that is not changed at all except for bloat and logging removed, with system tweaks but no graphical changes? Or maybe all of the above done with an AOSP look and feel?

The wallpaper and boot animation are some of the look changes, and who wants those anyhow? There is one small graphic that is trim on some apps that is changed, but it is non-invasive and at this point has been altered to the point that you can only see it if you look and know where to look. The last major change that, is not easy to fix, is the battery icon that went into effect on 3.09. While strange, I find it much easier to read and more precise than the stock one.

Your other option is an older version of Harmonia. 3.07 is probably what you would like if you want as stock looking as possible. It has a stock battery, and only wallpaper and boot animation are changed. Follow the download link in Harmonia to it's main host and check the change log in the second post of Harmonia for clues about which version you want to actually download.

Trust me there is much more than that in harmonia but the list would be too long. If you flash a custom kernel on it, it kinda would be on par with midnight rom.
Exactly.
Harmonia was built with exactly this in mind.

The wallpaper and boot animation are some of the look changes, and who wants those anyhow? There is one small graphic that is trim on some apps that is changed, but it is non-invasive and at this point has been altered to the point that you can only see it if you look and know where to look. The last major change that, is not easy to fix, is the battery icon that went into effect on 3.09. While strange, I find it much easier to read and more precise than the stock one.

Your other option is an older version of Harmonia. 3.07 is probably what you would like if you want as stock looking as possible. It has a stock battery, and only wallpaper and boot animation are changed. Follow the download link in Harmonia to it's main host and check the change log in the second post of Harmonia for clues about which version you want to actually download.

Exactly.
Harmonia was built with exactly this in mind.

Yeah I am a really picky person. Lol, I really like how harmonia looks in terms of performance and all, just I like stock battery and stuff. Its probably not a easy to theme as the triumph... Unless I could use UOT kitchen?

Yeah I am a really picky person. Lol, I really like how harmonia looks in terms of performance and all, just I like stock battery and stuff. Its probably not a easy to theme as the triumph... Unless I could use UOT kitchen?
It's worth a try.

If I feel frisky someday I may revert the battery back as an option, but doing it by hand will take quite a bit of work.

That can be done here, but keep in mind you would be looking at 200 pngs to edit.
Yeah its a pain in the a** but if someone like me has it in his head, it gets done eventually... Unless it is an impossibility.

So It looks like I'm not getting it for my birthday anymore... I'm buying it in like two days verses two weeks. it'd be nice to try out 3D at the party :)

Since the midnight ROM is based off of the stock rooted ROM, is it possible to use the Framework and HTC resources file from the stockROM? My goal is to find a ROM that is awesome, but looks 100% stock.

Since the midnight ROM is based off of the stock rooted ROM, is it possible to use the Framework and HTC resources file from the stockROM? My goal is to find a ROM that is awesome, but looks 100% stock.
Midnight uses Harmonia's framework, and while based on stock, it has been highly modified.

In fact every rom except stock uses modded framework (it's where the magic happens) and if you change it, you will bork something. I can guarantee you will lose Leedroid tweaks at the very least.

If you can find JMZ's Shooter rom, it is exactly what you are after, but he doesn't support it anymore and all links to it are dead. Otherwise, an old version of Harmonia is your best bet unless you want to make it yourself.

Back
Top Bottom