• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New HTC FCC filing but probably not the Bravo

Wonder, that's a good theory- the battery voltage is even 3.7, just like the N1 (although 1300 v. 1400 mAh).

I've been lurking for a while........
Just a little tidbit......lithium based batteries are typically 3.7 volts per cell.
Coming from using brushless R/C cars/trucks, lithium-polymer(LiPo) cells come in 3.7, 7.4, 11.1......etc, depending on number of cells.
All I'm saying is that the battery voltage won't be an indicator of the phone, though the amperage rating could play if you have a power hungry device;)

Reactions: DroidAV8R
Upvote 0
Wonder, that's a good theory- the battery voltage is even 3.7, just like the N1 (although 1300 v. 1400 mAh).

I've been lurking for a while........
Just a little tidbit......lithium based batteries are typically 3.7 volts per cell.
Coming from using brushless R/C cars/trucks, lithium-polymer(LiPo) cells come in 3.7, 7.4, 11.1......etc, depending on number of cells.
All I'm saying is that the battery voltage won't be an indicator of the phone, though the amperage rating could play if you have a power hungry device;)

Brown_dog, welcome to the forums :)

Thanks for the info; I seem to learn something new at least once a day on these forums- a lot of the members seem very informed.

Btw, I used to build/run r/c cars and trucks as well. Of course, the battery packs were all Ni-Cad at that time. Now, some of my friends are trying to get me into r/c airplanes so that I can try things I would never do in an actual plane that I am piloting. We'll see.

Upvote 0
Btw, I used to build/run r/c cars and trucks as well. Of course, the battery packs were all Ni-Cad at that time. Now, some of my friends are trying to get me into r/c airplanes so that I can try things I would never do in an actual plane that I am piloting. We'll see.
Looks like we have a user base with some cool hobbies. I built a few r/c collective pitch helis not too long ago. One of them, Protos by MSH, uses A123 batteries (Lithium Iron Phosphate) which are pretty versatile and charge ultra fast. A little off topic but suffice it to say, most of the battery talk would be greek to me were it not for experience in r/c.

It's been all quiet on the FCC front. I think most the phones that are coming before summer have already passed through.

Upvote 0
Looks like we have a user base with some cool hobbies. I built a few r/c collective pitch helis not too long ago. One of them, Protos by MSH, uses A123 batteries (Lithium Iron Phosphate) which are pretty versatile and charge ultra fast. A little off topic but suffice it to say, most of the battery talk would be greek to me were it not for experience in r/c.

It's been all quiet on the FCC front. I think most the phones that are coming before summer have already passed through.

No doubt, some very cool hobbies in this user base. Remote helos, eh? Just how hard are those to fly? I was talking to a helicopter pilot last week who told me that, at least with the real thing, it's like standing on a 2x4, balancing on a beach ball, while spinning a golf ball on the tip of a pin!
Definitely off topic :D

Oh, and +1 on the FCC filings.

Upvote 0
No doubt, some very cool hobbies in this user base. Remote helos, eh? Just how hard are those to fly? I was talking to a helicopter pilot last week who told me that, at least with the real thing, it's like standing on a 2x4, balancing on a beach ball, while spinning a golf ball on the tip of a pin!
Definitely off topic :D

Oh, and +1 on the FCC filings.
I started with a co-axil heli that pretty much hovers on its own. It was fun but after seeing some of the sport and 3d flying videos I decided to move on to the collective pitch helis. I'd say the analogy you heard from the pilot applies to R/c too. You really have to be making constant compensations with the stick just to hover. The build is half the battle though since with the right setup you can minimize the things you need to compensate for (such as slightly off centered servos). Once the little compensations become subconscious you can really have some fun with it, but I i'm still on the steep end of the learning curve trying to fly circuits and I haven't dedicated much time to it recently, might start it up again in the summer.

On the FCC front, I got bored and looked up the battery make (formosa) and model (BB96100/BTR6300B) and found this battery certification document dated Spetember 30th, 2009. TV Rheinland Group -Certificate No. JPTUV-028936. I also looked up the battery charger, which will be the same one used for the Touch HD 2 phone. The only other part listed was the USB cord, which of course is as generic as it gets.

Would have been nice if there was more of a parts manifest in the FCC docs so we could follow some more interesting leads. Oh well.

Upvote 0
I started with a co-axil heli that pretty much hovers on its own. It was fun but after seeing some of the sport and 3d flying videos I decided to move on to the collective pitch helis. I'd say the analogy you heard from the pilot applies to R/c too. You really have to be making constant compensations with the stick just to hover. The build is half the battle though since with the right setup you can minimize the things you need to compensate for (such as slightly off centered servos). Once the little compensations become subconscious you can really have some fun with it, but I i'm still on the steep end of the learning curve trying to fly circuits and I haven't dedicated much time to it recently, might start it up again in the summer.

That sounds really cool. You should start it up again; it really is fun, and it sounds like you are getting the hang of it.

For me, it's such a different perspective than when I'm in the left seat of a real airplane that I'm having a real hard time with it. Heck, I haven't even tried the real r/c thing yet- I'm using a sim program on my computer that my friend gave me. If I'm having problems in the virtual world, I'd be a real hazard on a real r/c airfield. Oh well, I guess there

Upvote 0
On the FCC front, I got bored and looked up the battery make (formosa) and model (BB96100/BTR6300B) and found this battery certification document dated Spetember 30th, 2009. TV Rheinland Group -Certificate No. JPTUV-028936. I also looked up the battery charger, which will be the same one used for the Touch HD 2 phone. The only other part listed was the USB cord, which of course is as generic as it gets.

Would have been nice if there was more of a parts manifest in the FCC docs so we could follow some more interesting leads. Oh well.

Yeah, your detective skills are stellar. I looked at the info you posted about and it does indeed look like we've run into a dead end (for now). All we need now is another leak and it's back to the races.

Upvote 0
What do we have here?

Motorola - 03/24/2010
FCC ID: IHDT56LB1
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas...ame=N&application_id=223494&fcc_id='IHDT56LB1'

Test Report: CDMA 800 & 1900, CDMA EV-DO Release A 800 & 1900, Bluetooth, WLAN

SAR Report: Model SNN5865A - 1500 mAH Battery

So, a Verizon phone with a 1500mAh battery! Whatever this thing is it's HUGE. The Sprint EVO is the only other thing I know of that does 1500mAH so maybe this device is a 4.3"'er.

Upvote 0
What do we have here?

Motorola - 03/24/2010
FCC ID: IHDT56LB1
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas...ame=N&application_id=223494&fcc_id='IHDT56LB1'

Test Report: CDMA 800 & 1900, CDMA EV-DO Release A 800 & 1900, Bluetooth, WLAN

SAR Report: Model SNN5865A - 1500 mAH Battery

So, a Verizon phone with a 1500mAh battery! Whatever this thing is it's HUGE. The Sprint EVO is the only other thing I know of that does 1500mAH so maybe this device is a 4.3"'er.

While I, too, have high hopes for this device (and that it is the Shadow), theres other phones with 1500mAh batterys. My TP2 has one, as did my old XV6800. So they're not as rare as you think. But still, I have hope...lol

Upvote 0
While I, too, have high hopes for this device (and that it is the Shadow), theres other phones with 1500mAh batterys. My TP2 has one, as did my old XV6800. So they're not as rare as you think. But still, I have hope...lol
Yeah but the fact that it's from Motorola and it's coming to Verizon that makes me think it's the Shadow since it's both coming to Verizon and is rumored for a may/june release.

Upvote 0
Yeah but the fact that it's from Motorola and it's coming to Verizon that makes me think it's the Shadow since it's both coming to Verizon and is rumored for a may/june release.

Oh, I agree, it's definitely a unique filing (1500mAh battery, Motorola, CDMA), and I am hoping it's for the Shadow, but I was just saying that the Evo isn't the first/only device with a 1500mAh battery.:cool:

Upvote 0
I guess this forum is as good as any to talk about the Shadow since it covered every other HTC device at one point in time. I PM'd NKT about this and left a message on howardforums where the Motorola insiders post.

Maybe that June/July timetable got moved up? I'd still rather have stock or sense by far over Blur, but there is supposedly a way to disable Blur and possible root in the future. Best of both worlds would be when they finish the Sense UI droid port.

Upvote 0
Hello to all,

I've been lurking about reading your posts, searching for any signs the HTC Desire is or isn't heading to AT&T... I decided to register to show you something I turned up while searching the FCC tonight......please be kind I'm a total noob at this lol!

NM8PB92100

Appears to be a GSM/EDGE device running Winmo.... while not the Desire (damn!) and not a driod (also :() it's curious to see another HTC winmo device prior to 7.. hoping there are more favorable htc/andriod filings in the near future...

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas...e=N&application_id=272363&fcc_id='NM8PB92100'

your thoughts?

**EDIT: AT&T version of the HD2?? ... WWAN is heavily mentioned.

Upvote 0
Reactions: wonderbread
Upvote 0
2 in 2 days.... this one appears to be an android... looks like another GSM

NM8PB99200

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=204951&fcc_id='NM8PB99200'

** Edit: Digging through the part#'s it's an AMOLED screen, appears to be a 1400 mAh battery... and just as interesting when I googled these parts I kept getting Nexus 1 parts in the results....

Probably the Desire. It shares the same screen as the nexus one and features a 1400 mAh battery.

HTC - Products - HTC Desire - Specification

Upvote 0
2 in 2 days.... this one appears to be an android... looks like another GSM

NM8PB99200

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=204951&fcc_id='NM8PB99200'

** Edit: Digging through the part#'s it's an AMOLED screen, appears to be a 1400 mAh battery... and just as interesting when I googled these parts I kept getting Nexus 1 parts in the results....
Any discernible differences from PB99100?

Upvote 0
Any discernible differences from PB99100?

Just off the top....Label has no "Sim" or "Micro SD" markings....

Digging further:

Data Cable: (9200) MEC M410 (9110) MEC M400

LCD Display: (9200) AMS369FG03-0 (9110) Same

Camera1: (9200) 08PM15A LiteON (9110) Same
Camera 2: Different for both

Battery: (9200) BB99100 Formosa / HT Energy (9110) Same

Frequencies:
(9200) GSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 & WCDMA I / VIII
(9110) EGSM/GPRS 850/900/1800/1900 & WCDMA I / II / V

802.11 b/g on both

Same GPS L1 1575.42 mhz freq different antenna design

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones