• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New Official Gingerbread 4.5.602 for Droid X

Let me rephrase. If I run custom ROMs, is it really that worth it? Haha. Forgive me.
I came from CM4DX too early to tell if this is better, battery life on .596 sure is better than CM that's what made me leave. Hope battery life is as good with this one.

if you're simply rooted and have changed nothing else then you should be able to download and install the update just fine...you will however lose root
Yup. I just did this. The OTA update went fine, but no more root. :(

I guess I'll have to SBF and go that route when I get a chance (tomorrow?). I can live without root for a while.

damn..the one time i dont make a nandroid, i suck..

will titanium still do the trick or no?

Sure, just restore missing apps with data and create a backup. :D

I haven't had much luck with restoring anything else (like email accts) w/o hosing it so don't mess with system settings w/o backing up first.

Battery life is good so far, maybe better, but I don't use my X much.

Has anyone gotten the imoseyon tweaks to work with this? I flashed 7.1 last night and it was a no go when I ran the checktweak.sh in the Terminal.

I didn't see that anyone replied to this question, but I might have missed it. I don't post much, mostly read and learn. I have flashed imoseyon 7.1 on .602 and it seems to work just fine. I get the "Everything is good!" message with no errors.

How is everyone doing on battery life? At this point after using the phone for several hours after flashing .602 I don't think battery life is equal to .596. I have the name configuration I had with .596 as far as apps, widgets, launcher.

How is everyone doing on battery life? At this point after using the phone for several hours after flashing .602 I don't think battery life is equal to .596. I have the name configuration I had with .596 as far as apps, widgets, launcher.

let it settle in for a few days, wipe the battery stats in Clockwork

Yeah I forgot to wipe battery stats, just did I will let it go for a few days and see. Battery monitor widget reports about 66 ma battery drain while steep, with 596 it was about 22ma but had 596 for about a week and had done the battery wipe. So far .596 has been the best with battery after 13 hrs it would be down to 75% CM4DX would be down to 50% for the same amount of time and usage with same configuration.

I have been reading forums for two months now to no avail. I had a stock Droid X and did the OTA update to gingerbread and it was so slow and unresponsive that verizon sent me a new phone. Unfortunately it is just as bad. I just did this OTA update to 4.5.602 and now i have even worse reception.

Can i root my phone now that i've done this update?

I have been reading forums for two months now to no avail. I had a stock Droid X and did the OTA update to gingerbread and it was so slow and unresponsive that verizon sent me a new phone. Unfortunately it is just as bad. I just did this OTA update to 4.5.602 and now i have even worse reception.

Can i root my phone now that i've done this update?

Have to SBF back to 2.3.340 then root then install the two part .602 rooted files found here.

Official Gingerbread update 4.5.602 (rooted and ready) or Stock.

Sure, just restore missing apps with data and create a backup. :D

I haven't had much luck with restoring anything else (like email accts) w/o hosing it so don't mess with system settings w/o backing up first.

Battery life is good so far, maybe better, but I don't use my X much.

thanks for the response..i was staring at the 'restore system data' button in titanium last night and something inside me said that i just shouldnt click it, haha..restored missing apps w/ data and all has been flawless.

thanks again.

Why is the rooted 602 only 114MB (Part 1 = 101MB & Part 2= 12.9MB) whereas the stock 595 is 159MB and the 596 Deodexed is 162MB? What's missing? That's primarily why I haven't taken the plunge yet.

Well here is the best I have seen the battery do. Normal use for me, using WiFi time out, Go Launcher and 8 widgets. Still had 5% battery at time of this screen shot.

i-hRLPgHg-L.png

i-NZjDkdM-L.png

Lol. I thought it was a dream when I seeing a message my phone asking me to update to .602. I would just hit the install later button and go straight back to sleep.

But here's my question. Can I block that message from popping up to update. I'm not really ready to update :-)

Well here is the best I have seen the battery do. Normal use for me, using WiFi time out, Go Launcher and 8 widgets. Still had 5% battery at time of this screen shot.

i-hRLPgHg-L.png

i-NZjDkdM-L.png

Looking at those percentages, I can see your phone is basically a paperweight. If you can get a day of usage from 4 hours of listening to music, 1 hour of playing poker online, and 2 hours of watching Justin TV with Skyfire, please let me know. I would be lucky if I got 8 hours.

Quick question... i have DarkSlide on my X on .596 version... can i just download the radio update over that? or will i lose my darkslide rom and have to SBF back to froyo and start over? AFter reading these forums, it looks like reception is improved... and right now i need that! Thanks in advance!

sbf'ed and got .602, then advance restore from clockwork with just data from my backup of liberty .09 and at first try got stuck with liberty boot picture. second attempt, im stuck at the red M. been waiting 15 minutes so im gussing have to sbf once again :( im thinking of just restoring my back up fully and leaving this be

Yup. I just did this. The OTA update went fine, but no more root. :(

I guess I'll have to SBF and go that route when I get a chance (tomorrow?). I can live without root for a while.

Same here.. lost root.. All I was really rooted for was to add ringers to the internal storage.. those stayed so I might leave it alone for a while

sbf'ed and got .602, then advance restore from clockwork with just data from my backup of liberty .09 and at first try got stuck with liberty boot picture. second attempt, im stuck at the red M. been waiting 15 minutes so im gussing have to sbf once again :( im thinking of just restoring my back up fully and leaving this be

Liberty, although based on .596, is significantly modified and unless I'm mistaken, its data is not compatible with .602 and will cause problems. Stock or rooted .596 data is supposed to work with .602 though.

Back
Top Bottom