• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New OTA Update - D801

DanDroid

I have the D801 G2 (T-Mobile) Rooted, running TWRP and custom 4.4.2 KitKat version. Today I received a OTA message indicating a new update is available (306mb).

Any one know what this is? I'm sure if I install it, it will break root?

Thanks
-DanDroid

Not sure what the update contains exactly but if you take it, you'll likely end up in a recovery bootloop. If you have Titanium or another app capable of freezing the "software updater MUC" process, you can get rid of the ota nag if that's what you're after. Might have to clear the contents of /cache/fota as well to get rid of the stored update file.

Just know that some handsets have updated without warning after repeated user decisions to "install later". I'm not sure if that only affects certain carriers or not. If you've taken steps to disable the software update, nevermind.

Getting the same notification. Tried freezing the software updater with Titanium but the only relevant app I could find is LGFOTA.APK , I couldn't find anything else containing MUC or Update. Froze the app, deleted the cache but the notification was still there. I proceeded and deleted LGFOTA.APK from system/app completely and the notification is still there and can not be swiped. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom