• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New phone - google issue

MagkMary

I got a new phone a week ago. It's a Samsung s23+.
I can't make any purchases through Google. It just keeps telling me I need to secure my account. I have gone through their instructions probably 50 times, and when I go to check, it says there's nothing wrong.
I even called a phone number in California, spent over an hour on hold just to talk to some guy who didn't know anything.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230330_164457_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20230330_164457_Google Play Store.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 111
Have you tried reinstalling the oparsating system, that is, resetting the phone?
before resetting, i would try by going to managing accounts in the phone settings, then google, then security as suggested by the article i linked. if that does not work, then yes i would recommend resetting the phone, but only as a last ditch effort.

I got a new phone a week ago. It's a Samsung s23+.
I can't make any purchases through Google. It just keeps telling me I need to secure my account. I have gone through their instructions probably 50 times, and when I go to check, it says there's nothing wrong.
I even called a phone number in California, spent over an hour on hold just to talk to some guy who didn't know anything.
I would appreciate any help or suggestions.
I have also checked my location, currency, and done all recommended security stuff.
I uninstalled and reinstalled google. All my apps are up to date.
It doesn't matter if I choose google pay or paypal, I still get the same message.

what do you mean? an error? nothing? can you explain more?
It says I can back up to a hard drive, or another Samsung phone. It wouldn't recognize my laptop as a drive.
I did backup my photos earlier, not using an app - just saved them to it.
I can try to get a pic tomorrow.
Is there any other app that would backup my phone stuff?
By the way, thank you for your help!

you can use smart switch on your computer as well.

launch smart switch on your computer and just follow the directions. it will ask you to hook up your phone.

Unfortunately I don't have it on my laptop. I will go to the library Monday & download it there . Sorry, we don't have wifi here. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom