• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Phone

broncobilly

Jul 25, 2011
My two year old son broke the screen and some other things on my nexus 5. I was not under contract with the provider I am with and so I just went out and got a new phone. Bottom line is I went in expecting to get a nexus 5 again. But I got suckered into getting an LG G3. Huge screen and love the display. When I got the phone it had a little less than half the battery. I let it drain completely and then fully charged it. After using it for not even and hour the battery level went down 20 percent. And that is without hardly doing anything. I let the battery drain again. As the battery level was getting lower the phone became choppy and was not as smooth. Fully charged again and it is doing the same thing. I looked online for info and found some other guy who had the same issue. He said he changed his settings in developer options to ART. For the life of me I cannot even see any place to do that. I am not an expert but I am pretty good with phones. Is this just a "bad" phone? Or is there something that I am not doing. I am 2 minutes away from returning this phone. But it is a disappointment because it looks like a good phone from what I have read

"Developer Options" is hidden by default. Someone at Google (who I'm not going to call a moron because comparison with this person would be offensive to morons) decided it would be "cute" to make it into an Easter Egg. So you now have to go into Settings > About > Software information, find the Build number (may be in "more") and tap on that repeatedly until it tells you that you are now a developer.

After playing that "game" you will now have access to the Developer Options menu.

Whether you will have the option to set it to ART in a stock ROM I don't know. If it's running Lollipop it is using ART already anyway.

Reactions: broncobilly
Upvote 0
"Developer Options" is hidden by default. Someone at Google (who I'm not going to call a moron because comparison with this person would be offensive to morons) decided it would be "cute" to make it into an Easter Egg. So you now have to go into Settings > About > Software information, find the Build number (may be in "more") and tap on that repeatedly until it tells you that you are now a developer.

After playing that "game" you will now have access to the Developer Options menu.

Whether you will have the option to set it to ART in a stock ROM I don't know. If it's running Lollipop it is using ART already anyway.
I was in developer options already. And yes it is lollipop. So that is why i couldnt see it lol. After doing a factory reset has seemed to improve. Thanks for getting back to me

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
My two year old son broke the screen and some other things on my nexus 5. I was not under contract with the provider I am with and so I just went out and got a new phone. Bottom line is I went in expecting to get a nexus 5 again. But I got suckered into getting an LG G3. Huge screen and love the display. When I got the phone it had a little less than half the battery. I let it drain completely and then fully charged it. After using it for not even and hour the battery level went down 20 percent. And that is without hardly doing anything. I let the battery drain again. As the battery level was getting lower the phone became choppy and was not as smooth. Fully charged again and it is doing the same thing. I looked online for info and found some other guy who had the same issue. He said he changed his settings in developer options to ART. For the life of me I cannot even see any place to do that. I am not an expert but I am pretty good with phones. Is this just a "bad" phone? Or is there something that I am not doing. I am 2 minutes away from returning this phone. But it is a disappointment because it looks like a good phone from what I have read
Yes the LG G3 is a decent phone, but its no Nexus, If I were you I would take it back or wait till the new nexus phones arrive, I am sorry nothing compares with a Nexus device

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones