• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New rom

Not sure if I'm doin something wrong installing these roms.. I wipe everything before the install, First can't charge the phone turned off and plugged in. If unplugged and phone turn off as soon as it's plugged in turns right back on, If plugged in then turned off just reboots guess thats not a problem if you don't mind getting texted at 3am. Then problems wont open, ie has stopped unexpectedly, Force close, Some of the programs that have problems are, Weather bug, root explorer.. Any ideas? Thanks :)

Not sure if I'm doin something wrong installing these roms.. I wipe everything before the install, First can't charge the phone turned off and plugged in. If unplugged and phone turn off as soon as it's plugged in turns right back on, If plugged in then turned off just reboots guess thats not a problem if you don't mind getting texted at 3am. Then problems wont open, ie has stopped unexpectedly, Force close, Some of the programs that have problems are, Weather bug, root explorer.. Any ideas? Thanks :)

Can't charge it turned off and plugged in is a cyanogenmod thing. It does done that since the G1 days if i'm not mistaken. I've never had problems with those programs, however make sure your card is partitioned correctly. It can make a world of difference ins peed as well. Secondly what recovery menu are you using? I noticed you said roms, but i've only released one. So make sure we're talking about the optimus c here lol.

Oh, Am I bad, I mean ROM haha, I used xionia_cwma_12518.6 as my recovery and I didn't know about the charge thing with cyanogenmod :) and as far as partitioned the card, I didn't do that either.. So do you lose everything thats on your card when you do that? And do you partition the card in windows or with it in the phone? Thanks again! :)

Oh, Am I bad, I mean ROM haha, I used xionia_cwma_12518.6 as my recovery and I didn't know about the charge thing with cyanogenmod :) and as far as partitioned the card, I didn't do that either.. So do you lose everything thats on your card when you do that? And do you partition the card in windows or with it in the phone? Thanks again! :)

You can typically do it from the recovery menu.You will not lose anything don't worry.
I asked everyone not to use that recovery menu, it's not fully compatible with this phone and it barely works correctly.We have another one on its way and I advise you hold off for now. It's based around this optimus phones specifically.
You can contact me on google talk @ rebel101150 if you need help throughout the process.The fact that you asked for actual help even though you messed up is better than nothing. it's a good thing you had more sense than most of these guys

Why release roms that only work with a recovery menu that is only availabe to certain users? If it's still being tested why not test it publicly? You would get more bug reports that way.

Why release roms that only work with a recovery menu that is only availabe to certain users? If it's still being tested why not test it publicly? You would get more bug reports that way.

Fair enough.since a certain someone is dragging their feet ill release it tonight or tomorrow. I'm tired of seeing bricked phones. Its strictly a test build

BC if ur new to this and don't know what ur doing or know how to follow directions then u will brick ur phone and we are trying to prevent that, I don't even have the recovery and I'm a developer so trust me we are being very cautious BC this phone is fragile. Right now we are all playing the waiting game so b paitent,

And to answer ur question about the Roms it is so that the ppl who have it can test the roms BC we are doing a mass release of the recovery, roms, and new kernel

BC if ur new to this and don't know what ur doing or know how to follow directions then u will brick ur phone and we are trying to prevent that, I don't even have the recovery and I'm a developer so trust me we are being very cautious BC this phone is fragile. Right now we are all playing the waiting game so b paitent,

And to answer ur question about the Roms it is so that the ppl who have it can test the roms BC we are doing a mass release of the recovery, roms, and new kernel

It's reasonable to want to keep people from bricking their phones, but they all should understand the risks prior to flashing anything to any device.

It's reasonable to want to keep people from bricking their phones, but they all should understand the risks prior to flashing anything to any device.

I agree.Part of my new blog is so they can understand them.But most of these guys managed to track down the xiona one, install it, and brick their devices. It's getting harder to prevent

I agree.Part of my new blog is so they can understand them.But most of these guys managed to track down the xiona one, install it, and brick their devices. It's getting harder to prevent

Yeah, that's my fault. I found that it worked (mostly) for nandroid backups right after discovering that Gingerbreak worked for this phone. Anyway, I can't wait to try out the one you guys are working on. I'll try to be a little more patient, but I'm coming off a phone with really great development support to this phone. The change is a little hard, especially considering this is one of the best Cricket phones on the market. You'd think there would be more users and more developers working on it. But, I guess beggars can't be choosers. I'll wait patiently like everyone else.

What phone were u coming off off
And the reason being most ppl settled for the ascend BC it was new ans the only android. Now they have an option but don't want to pay for new phones or the 50 dollar mail in rebate

Went from a Galaxy S that my son decided needed a bath in the toilet, to an Ascend that was dropped and the screen decided to shatter (still worked, though), to the Optimus C.

Why not disable the link to the ROM if theres no recovery to flash it? Just give it to your testers. Kinda hard to dangle that carrot out there and not expect people to try it. Expecting people to be smart is never a safe bet in my observation of the humans lol.

Why not disable the link to the ROM if theres no recovery to flash it? Just give it to your testers. Kinda hard to dangle that carrot out there and not expect people to try it. Expecting people to be smart is never a safe bet in my observation of the humans lol.

your right there, but im releasing a menu to a select few over the next few days and a rom so we'll see. Plus to get to it they have to read my warning about flashing xiona and the consequences. Made sure people knew

Optimus: announcement

Guess your right.. I have read lots of peeps have bricked there phone using xionia_cwma_12518. Hard for me to understand why cuz other then a few programs not working everything else works fine.. Guess it's the luck of the draw lol..

Guess your right.. I have read lots of peeps have bricked there phone using xionia_cwma_12518. Hard for me to understand why cuz other then a few programs not working everything else works fine.. Guess it's the luck of the draw lol..

Read the blog posted above and you will understand why

Back
Top Bottom