• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root New systems update

jackbquick123

Oct 1, 2011
Hey all I have a question. I have been rooted for a week or so I have cwm also and right after root I did a check for systems update and nothing showed up. Today I have a prompt telling me I have a systems update of 8.65 mb. Does anyone know what this update is about and even if its worth getting and what all I would have to change and turn off on my phone to get it.
Thanks and have a good day

For example
4ba6d743-24e4-1a3f.jpg

4ba6d743-24f5-7880.jpg

Upvote 0
I never got an error message when I ran the update from within the OS, and I did leave my bootloader unlocked. Even after the update was applied I went and checked to see if recovery and hboot were updated by putting them in a PH44IMG.zip file along with the android-info txt file from the update, when I rebooted it read the zip but never gave my the option to update so after checking about 3 more times I assumed I was ok

Unless I was doing something wrong

If I am please let me know, I'll be the guinea pig

Upvote 0
Hmm I guess that was a useless post. I'm sort of learning as I go, this is not the first android phone I have dealt with but it is the first one I've personally owned and dealt with in depth so I guess a few of those are bound to happen.

Once we find out what the changes are in the new hboot someone will have to let me know how to manually update

Upvote 0
One way to get the update is to wait for somone to release a rom that has the update preinstalled. The new hboot version is most likely not needed for the new update to work correctly since hboot handles mainly recovery and rom flashing and doesn't interact with the Android OS in anyway that I know of.

There was most likely a security patch in hboot done by either HTC or Boost. So it would be a good idea for someone good with hacking/dev work to compare the two and see what they changed that might be exploitable in the old version. ;)

Upvote 0
Hmm I guess that was a useless post. I'm sort of learning as I go, this is not the first android phone I have dealt with but it is the first one I've personally owned and dealt with in depth so I guess a few of those are bound to happen.

Once we find out what the changes are in the new hboot someone will have to let me know how to manually update

there are no stupid post here
icon12.gif
I was just letting you know just in case hboot didnt update. When I get home from work im checking my wife's phone, I just let hers update and her phone is stock all the way. I will post later.

Oops ment useless and yes was just telling you your post wasn't useless . By the way I checked my wife's stock unrooted phone and after new update it has the same version hboot as you and me so idk..

Upvote 0
Hi,

I installed the clockwork mod to install root. I received the notice about the system security update so I flashed back to stock recovery and relocked my bootloader to try installing the update which was successful (now I have Hboot 1.30). I also checked for other system updates (PRL and Profile) in order to be up to date while I was in locked bootloader and stock recovery. Problem is, when I unlocked my bootloader again and tried to reinstall Clockwork mod for recovery, I am now unable to load the image file in Hboot. Additionally, my wifi and 4g is not functioning now and my normal internet connection will fail if I try to access wi fi. Any ideas on how I screwed this up and what I could do to fix it. I tried the stock image but it keeps telling me the main is old.

Thanks to anyone who might listen

Upvote 0
You will need to change the version string in the android-info.txt file in the PH44IMG files you are trying to flash to the correct version. The July update has changed the version string to a newer version then what all the current hboot images have. Refer to your cached update ZIP to see the correct version string. (it will be found in the "firmware.zip" file that is in the update zip file)

Upvote 0
pm me we'll fix you up

Hi,

I installed the clockwork mod to install root. I received the notice about the system security update so I flashed back to stock recovery and relocked my bootloader to try installing the update which was successful (now I have Hboot 1.30). I also checked for other system updates (PRL and Profile) in order to be up to date while I was in locked bootloader and stock recovery. Problem is, when I unlocked my bootloader again and tried to reinstall Clockwork mod for recovery, I am now unable to load the image file in Hboot. Additionally, my wifi and 4g is not functioning now and my normal internet connection will fail if I try to access wi fi. Any ideas on how I screwed this up and what I could do to fix it. I tried the stock image but it keeps telling me the main is old.

Thanks to anyone who might listen

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones