• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Terms of Service Live, At 2560MB your data speed is capped.

W1FcOEa.png

I feel sorry for anyone who uses over 2.5GB of bandwidth a month.

This updated for me within the last week. Oh well, VM had been notifying people about this for the last 6 months, shouldn't be a huge surprise. Considering I'm paying $25/month I don't have a huge problem with 2.5gb data.

it just means virgin will reduce our already pathetic speeds after we reach 2.5GB of Data. They have always had the policy in place. But for some reason they were not able to monitor our data usage on these phones. They figured it out and are now enforcing the policy

it just means virgin will reduce our already pathetic speeds after we reach 2.5GB of Data. They have always had the policy in place. But for some reason they were not able to monitor our data usage on these phones. They figured it out and are now enforcing the policy

you could try vpn :confused:

Lol haha T mobile swag jk

Sorry guys I had to. Looks like I left virgin mobile at the right time. :D but I know virgin Mobile speeds are horrendous even without the cap. :banghead: I would rather just get dialup because the lord only knows how da** slow these speeds will be lol. :rolleyes:

The fastest 3g I ever got was 1mb and that was only TWICE EVER. I usually got around 300kbps download and a higher upload :confused:. On T mobile I can sometimes get OVER 9000 kpbs download and 1500 upload . Usually it's around 7000 kbps download and 1200 upload.

I hope network vision actually did anything for you guys because it didn't for me it only made things worse and more frustrating so I left. :(

Sorry guys I had to. Looks like I left virgin mobile at the right time. :D but I know virgin Mobile speeds are horrendous even without the cap. :banghead: I would rather just get dialup because the lord only knows how da** slow these speeds will be lol. :rolleyes:

The fastest 3g I ever got was 1mb and that was only TWICE EVER. I usually got around 300kbps download and a higher upload :confused:. On T mobile I can sometimes get OVER 9000 kpbs download and 1500 upload . Usually it's around 7000 kbps download and 1200 upload.

I hope network vision actually did anything for you guys because it didn't for me it only made things worse and more frustrating so I left. :(

Weird, I left for T-Mobile just last week. You're on the 5GB plan?
Miss my EVO, but that's a problem with CDMA.
Wish I posted more instead of lurked though.

But with all my time using the EVO, I still can't believe it's even possible to get over 1GB. I would love to know of any forbidden secrets of hitting data caps you guys have.

I get 2mbps all the time on 3g, and WiMAX is all over Charlotte . I even knew about the 2.5 gig cap before I joined. I checked 12 months of past usage and never went over a gig.
You don't need to come in here and justify your switch to T-Mobile. It's ok that you've moved on.

Different locations are going to have different results. VM service ONLY runs off of Sprint towers while contract Sprint plans (and other contract carriers) have agreements with each other use each others towers if signals get reduced or if Sprint service becomes unavailable but another carriers is. That is the main difference. Say what you want about Sprint, I agree they do have the lowest 3g speeds but depending on where you live or work also have the strongest signal. Its all about where you use your phone the most so saying this carrier is better than that carrier doesn't mean squat to someone living in another part of the country/world.

Its all about where you use your phone the most so saying this carrier is better than that carrier doesn't mean squat to someone living in another part of the country/world.

Amen to that. I'm from wayyyyy up north MN, in ND currently (I see you're in St. Paul), and the speeds VM/Sprint are giving me are more than acceptable in my opinion. Of course, it'd be nice to have 4G, but for what i'm paying for a nearly unlimited service it's well worth it.

I get 2mbps all the time on 3g, and WiMAX is all over Charlotte . I even knew about the 2.5 gig cap before I joined. I checked 12 months of past usage and never went over a gig.
You don't need to come in here and justify your switch to T-Mobile. It's ok that you've moved on.

Yeah me too I was just puzzled because they had the throttle but never actually did it until now. Wow 2mbps is something I would never see on virgin. We have WiMAX towers too but it's really spotty and the connection drops. :rolleyes:

Dish is bidding on sprint so is Softbank, who knows what the sprint future might be.

I got the "over 2.5gb" text on my Evo and i noticed that the speed was reduced for Wimax so I switched over to my Galaxy Victory and my LTE wasn't affected. :/

Moved to main forum, not even sure this is the right place, these changes aren't device specific but since it involves being able to now track and throttle Wimax I'll leave it here for now.
OB

Back
Top Bottom