• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Terms of Service Live, At 2560MB your data speed is capped.

I would love to get up to the throttled 3g data speeds, they must be joking right? LOL! Here in Fresno we are very, very lucky to get up to 700kibs and even at that it's very, very erratic. Does work great occasionally, very sporadic!

Because of Wimax going through Sprints servers, Virgin wasn't able to track your use until now. After your data reaches 2.5 GB through any and all connections you'll be throttled to 256 kb or less. This has always been their terms, it's just that the Wimax enabled phones fell into a temporary black hole. :rolleyes:
OB

Wow 2mbps is something I would never see on virgin.

To clarify...I get 2mbps all the time in certain locations. My average is 1-1.5mbps for most locations near me. There is one dead spot I drive through everyday on my way home from work...and I am lucky to get dial up speeds. :( This lasts for about 5-7 minutes depending on traffic, but once out of that zone, 4G kicks in. :D

When on Wimax, 2mbps is my average LOW speed, and I typically see 4-7mbps...with a max of close to 10mbps here and there. When moving in a car, these speeds are usually reduced, and I'm lucky to get 4mbps.

I've noticed that my Evo V is much better at getting 4G going than my old, retired OG Evo. It's quite noticible.

Because of Wimax going through Sprints servers, Virgin wasn't able to track your use until now. After your data reaches 2.5 GB through any and all connections you'll be throttled to 256 kb or less. This has always been their terms, it's just that the Wimax enabled phones fell into a temporary black hole. :rolleyes:
OB

Wait.. what do you mean though any and all connections? Even wifi?

Back
Top Bottom