• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to android. Need help with a few things

Glock30SF

Lurker
Oct 26, 2011
Hello, I got my SGS2 on the 10/9. Was a iphone 3gs user. Really liked the iphone but the small screen had to go. So I really like the SGS2 but have to figure some stuff out. The things I need help with are:

1. Need to figure music out. I have used double twist and it worked ok but there are songs from albums that are listed seperate (they are not in the album together). I use my phonee for music a lot so this needs to be fixed!

2. Voice mail is not visual. Any way to fix?

3. Phone log shows calls from same person as single logs. Any way to group them?

4. What is with all the permissions on apps!?!? Maybe apple app store did the same but I don't know? Either way it is not going to fly with me anymore. I was thinking about rooting phone so I could install a app like permissions denied. Any thoughts?

5. Any way to create folders (ie Games) to place icons in like Iphone?

If I can fix these things I will really love this phone. Thanks for any help.

Hello, I got my SGS2 on the 10/9. Was a iphone 3gs user. Really liked the iphone but the small screen had to go. So I really like the SGS2 but have to figure some stuff out. The things I need help with are:

1. Need to figure music out. I have used double twist and it worked ok but there are songs from albums that are listed seperate (they are not in the album together). I use my phonee for music a lot so this needs to be fixed!

2. Voice mail is not visual. Any way to fix?

3. Phone log shows calls from same person as single logs. Any way to group them?

4. What is with all the permissions on apps!?!? Maybe apple app store did the same but I don't know? Either way it is not going to fly with me anymore. I was thinking about rooting phone so I could install a app like permissions denied. Any thoughts?

5. Any way to create folders (ie Games) to place icons in like Iphone?

If I can fix these things I will really love this phone. Thanks for any help.

1-Music should be pretty simple, just drag and drop onto your SD card. If it's putting the music in the wrong folders then you might need an mp3 tag editor to see if all the information is the same between those songs.

2-Download Google Voice:

https://market.android.com/details?...5nb29nbGUuYW5kcm9pZC5hcHBzLmdvb2dsZXZvaWNlIl0.

Open it and follow the instructions, make sure at the end to choose google voice as your voice mail. Once this is setup you can view your voice mail on your phone or on your computer.

3-I think that's a Samsung touchwiz thing, I remember everything being grouped together on my Nexus One, might need to see if there is a different app for that.

4-If you are downloading respected apps (high ratings) then I wouldn't worry about the permission, I rarely look at them, with the exception of any apps that don't have a lot of feedback (I don't download poorly rated apps).

5-Long press on the home screen, then click folders, then new folders. It will add a folder to the home screen, to change the name open the folder and long press on the name at the top, it will give you an option to rename it. You also might want to look into Simi Folders, it mimics the way folders are done on the iPhone. The UI is a bit tricky at first but get's easier once you start to use it. It's nice because you can change the icons on the folder and stuff.

6-Welcome.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones