• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New to Samsung Precedent

Hello everyone.I am new to the Samsung Precedent. My old Motorola Droid finally died and so no way was going to sign another 2 year contract. I picked up the Precedent and was wondering if anyone had any major issues with it? Has anyone travelled much with them? I Drive a truck and usually travel on I-95 from Florida to Maine and was wondering what kind of coverage you guys have especially on the major interstates and the major cities. I am supposed to head up to Maine today so guess i will find out soon.

My only complaints are incompatibility with some apps, terrible camera for barcodes and a slow CPU. Otherwise I-95 from NYC to Fayetteville, NC is pretty good coverage. I prefer a GSM phone when the signal gets spotty, but that's a personal preference - some people prefer the "going digital" of CDMA to the breakup of GSM.

(Oh, I've flashed the Area51 ROM to get a lot more "RAM" [it uses the SD card as "internal" memory] - I like to keep a lot of apps installed.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones