• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Next Droid (and keep unlimited data)?

NewArtDroid

I have a Droid Bionic but it is getting time to get a new phone. I also have an unlimited data Verizon contract. While I barely use 1 GB per month, I get the company discount on data that they don't offer anymore. I also want a phone that definitely has a car dock. Any suggestions on what I should get and how much I might pay? I've seen many recommend the Maxx but it seems very expensive without a contract.

I have a Droid Bionic but it is getting time to get a new phone. I also have an unlimited data Verizon contract. While I barely use 1 GB per month, I get the company discount on data that they don't offer anymore. I also want a phone that definitely has a car dock. Any suggestions on what I should get and how much I might pay? I've seen many recommend the Maxx but it seems very expensive without a contract.

Right now the Maxx is on sale for $499 without a contract. I have seen ads on TV for the Droids that say that this is a limited time sale. It does have a car dock, but it's not that great a device. I have the dock, but have stopped using it; I'm just using a generic car dock.

It's an excellent phone, though, and the battery life is fantastic.

I have not bought anything yet but very much eyeing the Droid Maxx as recommended. Do you miss the Maxx not having an HDMI micro cable?

If you are more worried about losing your discount than unlimited data, you should be able to upgrade at the subsidized price. They will switch you to the 2GB plan, but that should still be eligible for the employer discount on the data plan. This is not the share everything plan, but rather a 2GB data feature on your existing minute and text plan. Just letting you know.

So I went online and tried to buy the Droid Maxx at full retail price from Verizon. It told me that my current unlimited plan would not support this device and I had to choose a plan. I don't understand. I'm paying full retail price. What do I need to choose? Or should I just call them tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom