• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Next steps for the superwipe and rom?

CrackBaby

Android Enthusiast
Is this how you do it?

1. power off phone
2. hold both volume buttons and power button
3. after vibration, let go of power button but keep holding volume buttons
4. select install zip from sdcard
5. select choose zip from sdcard
6. select Yes - install darkside superwipe
7. go back , select choose zip from sdcard
8. select Yes - install aokp jb rom
9. go back, select choose zip from sdcard
10. select Yes - install gapps
11. go back, select choose zip from sdcard
12. select Yes - install darkside supercache
13. go back, go back, select reboot system now

Atmazzz! It worked!! :D :rofl:
You are: :alberteinstein:

Thanks for writing the guide for rooting and installing roms!!!! :D

Can I delete the zip files off my SD card after rooting and flashing my ROM, or do they have to stay there?

Can I delete the zip files off my SD card after rooting and flashing my ROM, or do they have to stay there?

Yes you can delete them. I keep superuser on mine since it's not that big. I'll usually keep the rom on it a while just in case I need to reflash it.

OK, cool. The T-Mobile ROMs are safe on Telus S2X, yes? Because I don't see any specifically for the Telus version.

Just confirming something from the guide...

1 - Select wipe data/factory reset.
2 - Select wipe cache partition

These are two separate options in the menu. I need to do both, in order, correct?

Just confirming something from the guide...

1 - Select wipe data/factory reset.
2 - Select wipe cache partition

These are two separate options in the menu. I need to do both, in order, correct?

Hi dierna. Sorry I couldn't get back sooner. Yes, that is correct. Did you flash the rom already?

Hi dierna. Sorry I couldn't get back sooner. Yes, that is correct. Did you flash the rom already?

No, not yet. I figured I ought to wait until I had confirmation that I had the steps right. I'll do it later today - I have a kid to pick up from school in a few minutes ;) Thanks for the reply!

Crud. What happens if I get an error when flashing the ROM?

It says "E: can't open /sdcard/infamous_resurrection_2.0_beta.zip"
(bad)

You might have gotten a bad download. You can try downloading again. Is it on your internal storage or your external sd card?

If you've wiped everything, restore your backup.

Everything is wiped. I'm redownloading it. I put the file on my external SD, so I can pull the SD and transfer the file using my adapter. If this one doesn't work, I'll find another ROM. Unfortunately, the file will take an hour to download :(

Yep, it was a bad download. It is currently "installing stuff"

ETA: and now rebooting... and waiting to see what happens ;)

Back
Top Bottom