• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 10 not being recognised by pc

lizjg

Lurker
Jul 16, 2013
Hi
I have a nexus 10, in the past I have been able to transfer films from my pc to the tablet just by using the cable it came with. However, when I now connect the tablet to my pc it doesn't recognise it, ie if I go to window explorer it doesn't appear. (I am running xp, but I have tried it with a different cable on a computer running windows 7 and it's still not recognised). I have gone to settings, storage, menu and have ticked MTP, but still nothing. Has anybody got any other ideas as to what I do?
Thanks
Liz

Hi
I have a nexus 10, in the past I have been able to transfer films from my pc to the tablet just by using the cable it came with. However, when I now connect the tablet to my pc it doesn't recognise it, ie if I go to window explorer it doesn't appear. (I am running xp, but I have tried it with a different cable on a computer running windows 7 and it's still not recognised). I have gone to settings, storage, menu and have ticked MTP, but still nothing. Has anybody got any other ideas as to what I do?
Thanks
Liz
Hello Liz,
You need to make sure the cable is CHARGE AND SYNC. It should have a little 3 wire insignia on one or both ends. It will work perfectly. Alan

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones