• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Nexus 4 Unlock Pattern Error

K

Keverisch

Yesterday, my phone's unlock screen suddenly stopped recognizing the bottom three nodes. My unlock pattern uses these nodes, as well as some of the top six. I can still press Emergency Dial. That section of my screen still responds when trying to open the phone or camera app while locked. I can still pull down my settings menu, I just can't get into my phone.

I tried using the Google Device Manager to "Lock" the phone in order to give it a password instead of a pattern, however, it tells me that because I have a pattern, the password will not be used.

I have powered the phone off and on several times. I would prefer to not factory reset the phone. I am not even sure what my other options could be.

Manuf.: LG
Model: Nexus 4
Running: Latest android version, can't get in to see specifically

Yesterday, my phone's unlock screen suddenly stopped recognizing the bottom three nodes. My unlock pattern uses these nodes, as well as some of the top six. I can still press Emergency Dial. That section of my screen still responds when trying to open the phone or camera app while locked. I can still pull down my settings menu, I just can't get into my phone.

I tried using the Google Device Manager to "Lock" the phone in order to give it a password instead of a pattern, however, it tells me that because I have a pattern, the password will not be used.

I have powered the phone off and on several times. I would prefer to not factory reset the phone. I am not even sure what my other options could be.

Manuf.: LG
Model: Nexus 4
Running: Latest android version, can't get in to see specifically
Even though you prefer not to do a factory reset.It looks like you may have to.

Upvote 0
That's weird. I thought that using the lock feature will override what you currently have on the device?? Maybe not?

You can try changing your password through your Google account. Use the incorrect pattern multiple times until you see a forgot password option. Then put in your Google account/password information and reset your device's lock screen. More information HERE.

You can also check out the FAQ thread for more information: Lost Phone/Locked Out FAQ

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones