• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus - BuyMobilePhones.net

confuzzled

Hey, just received my Nexus from BuyMobilePhones.net and I have put both 02 and t-mobile sims in and they work, but its the Nexus Unbranded? Is there anyway of finding out?

Thanks.

Hey, just received my Nexus from LOLSpam.net and I have put both 02 and t-mobile sims in and they work, but its the Nexus Unbranded? Is there anyway of finding out?

Thanks.

So you just happened to receive your Nexus from the wonderful site you're advertising to ask if your Nexus is unbranded? Do you have the phone or not?

What? :s I'm lost, or maybe you are? Just come in from work, switched on Nexus, tried 2 different sims and they worked. But I read on t'internet just 'cos its unlocked doesn't necessarily mean its unbranded so I am asking, Anyway of finding out if it is branded or not?

ty? :S

Lol bit hard on him... Anyway..

Non of the UK ones are 'branded'. They're all sim free stock. Particularly third party stores like buymobilephones/mobilshop (same company), phones4u, carphone warehouse (when they get it) all sell the sim free unbranded stock.

I got mine from those guys too actually. They offer a lot more subsidy on an upgrade than going direct with the network - but thats generally true of all third party upgraders.

Thanks Kam, and everyone for answers.

And yeah, they do offer a lot more, was very happy with what they offered me. :)

Had a bit of a nightmare upgrading through t-Mobile from my desire. 5 or 6 calls later and got it done through t-mo reseller chitterchatter on a great deal.

buymobilephones.net was one of the options i looked at, but it all broke down over t-mo and then not actually doing an upgrade, which would have meant wither losing my number or PAC'ing out to a PAYG, then back to t-mo, all with delays.

at one point i was going to get a sensation XE through t-mo, ebay it, and buy a nexus off play.com or somewhere, nightmare.

glad to hear they all come unlocked, wasn't sure if that'd be the case, get mine tomorrow!

Had a bit of a nightmare upgrading through t-Mobile from my desire. 5 or 6 calls later and got it done through t-mo reseller chitterchatter on a great deal.

buymobilephones.net was one of the options i looked at, but it all broke down over t-mo and then not actually doing an upgrade, which would have meant wither losing my number or PAC'ing out to a PAYG, then back to t-mo, all with delays.

at one point i was going to get a sensation XE through t-mo, ebay it, and buy a nexus off play.com or somewhere, nightmare.

glad to hear they all come unlocked, wasn't sure if that'd be the case, get mine tomorrow!

I went with mobileshop (same company as buymobilephones.net) precisely because they COULD do a t-mobile upgrade.

- I kept my number
- Was able to remain on my Flext 35 tariff (which is no longer available)
- Keep my half price for life Friends and Relative discount
- Get the GN for free

Buymobilphones.net, mobileshop, and carphonewarehouse were the only three I found who were able to do it without a new connection, and also had or were planning to have the GN.

Chitter Chatter did an upgrade, so i guess add them to the list! also a legacy flex plan owner (awesome), managed to stay on flex 30, 18 months, free phone :D

Back
Top Bottom