• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Nexus S Manual Update to ICS

elemteacher2be

Well-Known Member
So I found where I can manually update my Nexus S to ICS - but I'm wondering, if something doesn't work (like I read somewhere that WiFi tethering (so that I can connect my iPad to my phone's data plan via wifi) isn't working) is there an easy way to go back to my current version (2.3.6)??

Thanks!

Kathy
 
So I found where I can manually update my Nexus S to ICS - but I'm wondering, if something doesn't work (like I read somewhere that WiFi tethering (so that I can connect my iPad to my phone's data plan via wifi) isn't working) is there an easy way to go back to my current version (2.3.6)??

Thanks!

Kathy
 
So I found where I can manually update my Nexus S to ICS - but I'm wondering, if something doesn't work (like I read somewhere that WiFi tethering (so that I can connect my iPad to my phone's data plan via wifi) isn't working) is there an easy way to go back to my current version (2.3.6)??

Thanks!

Kathy

Just do a Nandroid backup in the custom recovery and copy the Nandroid folder to a safe place before you flash the ICS ROM.

Edit: I just saw that you had a thread in Nexus S forum already and Yeahha moved your other one here, too. So I merged the two together.
 
Just to clarify something, there's no official Nexus S build of ICS yet. That's the reason some things don't work, the 'updates' you have found are custom ROMs developed by independent 3rd parties.
 
Back
Top Bottom