• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No 3g icon

james391

it disapeared mabey an hour ago. The 3g icon is gone
and I have no 3g. I tried restarding it and ect. And nothing worked
thanks!

Yeah I have the same problem, are you running a custom rom? Maybe it's just down or something, kind of alarming me.

No 3G here. Both my wife's phone and mine are without service. Central Illinois. Just happened later today (Sun)

Central Iowa, my 3g/1x icon disappeared entirely around 8 pm cst tonight (Sunday, 17 April). Thought I was going crazy, tried powering down, removing battery, toggling settings 20 times... almost did a factory reset but I'm glad I checked here first. Will just rely on wiring tonight and check back tomorrow.

Same deal in central New Jersey. My wife's identical phone is fine though, no problems. I tried reset, battery, pull, even factory reset...nothing has worked. I will hope that problem is on their end and will be fixed sometime tonight.

It's been down in a lot of places. There's a Howard Forums thread about it, someone mentioned that VM is upgrading their 3G network, so it'll probably be spotty until they finish. If that's the case.

But you're not alone :)

My 3g also went out around 8:30 tonight in North Carolina. The 3g option in quick settings is stuck on "connecting" and I get no icon. I tried restarting twice and switching airplane mode on and off and neither worked.

I am using my cousins optimus v on tether right now, where as my phones 3g went out about 8:30pm, here in SW missouri. Wierd that my cousin who lives in the same house as me, and has the same phone and plan, his 3g is working fine, where as mine has been out going on 3 hours. Maybe because I owned my phone for about 1 month before he activated his...hmmm.

We've got a household here in Los Angeles, California with three Optimus V's. 3G went out a little past 7pm Pacific Time here today, 4/17/2011.

Called technical support, said "Troubleshooting", "Can't browse the web". The prompt tells me that it will connect me with a live advisor and then the call just ends!

I am not pleased. I certainly hope they're upgrading their network.

No 3G here in Portland. Gonna restart and see if it comes back.

Edit: Nope. Thank god for WiFi. But I think a friend tried to "text" me a picture today that never came through; that's a bummer.

When my 3g went out i thought maybe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom