• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No 3g icon

VM says they've fixed it now (check the Facebook link above). They say to turn your phone off and leave it off for 30 seconds, then boot up again.

Worked for me (Portland, OR).

I got my phone activated for international calls this morning and the person handling my request mention this outage to me as a service upgrade that might last 24 hours. It seems to have started at around 8 p.m. tonight so I figgure it's going to last until 8 p.m. tommorrow.

Central Iowa, still no service. When I toggle "data enabled" the icon does appear in the status bar for a tenth of a second and then disappears, I guess that's an improvement!

Back on in central Iowa! Icon stays in the status bar, 3g data working. Kind of wish I hadn't even noticed last night, how much time did I waste on this? (And for that I'm blaming myself, not VM, though it would have been nice had they sent an email to their customers.) I guess next time I'll just turn the thing off for 24 hours and try to remember what it was like before I had the internet in my pocket.

Ran a speedtest after the outtage cause some facebook users were reporting visible speed increases. Sure enough it's a lot faster now. Anyone else noticed this?

Just got off the phone with Tech support and a guy named John reset my plan (again for the 4th or 5th time) and now I have 3g back after 3 days without. Happens every time to top up.

BTW: here is a number to tech support that they sent me in a text Sat nite: 877-600-8065

Looks like the upgrade help my 3g signal. I was getting 3 bars at work and 1 at home before upgrade. Now I get 3 bars both places.

Haven't run any tests, but it seems like the browser is running faster :) I'll put up with temporary outages if there are results like this! Now they just need to push that gingerbread lol. maybe they're tweaking the phone to prepare for the update?

I'm not holding my breath for that update, given that VM still hasn't finished sending out the 2.2 update to Intercept users.

I kinda wish I wouldn't have found out about it cuz its really hard for me to not be excited lol...i wouldve been better off not knowing

Back
Top Bottom