• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help No Firmware update yet , strange.

Mutant04

Hi All,

I have just updated my version of Kies to the latest update and then checked for Firmware updates. It states there are none and that I have the latest ( 2.3.4)

However I have read (on this very forum) that lots of people are using 2.3.5 and even 2.3.6.

In one post the person states that he upgraded to 2.3.5, this post is dated 5th November???? He's on the same network as me (Three in the UK), although I do have a Sim Free Handset.

I understand that alot of people may update via Odin or similar.

Is 2.3.5 available as an offical update?

Any reason why I can't get it (either via Kies or when I try OTA on the Mobile itself).

Any help/advice would most welcome.

Depending on your Carrier, you may or may not of been pushed 2.3.5 or 2.3.6. Some people are still on 2.3.3 because their carrier hasn't bothered to push a new update. Most of us however, have updated the firmware ourselves by downloading from certain sites and using tools like ODIN to flash the new firmware on our phones. If you wait for Keis, you are at the mercy of your carrier.

Carrier-specific updates only apply to carrier-locked handsets. SIM-free handsets all receive updates from Samsung themselves, regardless of which network they operate on. Afaik no updates beyond 2.3.4 have yet been released from UK SIM-free handsets.

Back
Top Bottom